Talk

Advanced search

Might be pregnant but seems unlikely

(25 Posts)
Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 09:31:15

Hello
I am thinking about getting a test today but want to hear from someone else whether it's actually possible to be pregnant.
My average cycle is 33 days but ranges from 40-30 days my period finished on the 13/11 then we had unprotected sex on the 20/11, I have had really swollen and sore boobs now since around the 25/11 but it seems so unlikely this would be caused by pregnancy as it seems too soon, according to my tracker my period isn't due for another 3 days but as my cycle is different each month it's hard to know whether this is correct! Is it worth me doing a test now or is it too soon? Is it even likely I am pregnant?
Thank you

sparechange Mon 07-Dec-15 09:33:23

Do a Superdrug or First Respose test
That will tell you more than a stranger on the internet can!

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 10:03:08

Right...thanks but is this not the conception chat?? confused

Mimilicious013 Mon 07-Dec-15 10:57:49

Im in the same boat as u and I just tested earlier on and got a bfn.but i guess am still in the running for as long as af doesn't show.some lucky ladies test bfp as early as 8dpo ,so i guess u can go for it.good luck fxxx

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 11:08:27

Thanks Mim I thought I was going mad posting about this in the conception topic grin

How long before your period is due did you test? Good luck x

KitKat1985 Mon 07-Dec-15 11:19:42

You say your period finished on the 13/11 but when did it start? Because your new cycle starts from the day your period starts not the day your period finishes, so if for example you had a 5 day period and started bleeding on the 8/11, then if you had unprotected sex on the 20th that would actually be the 12th day of your cycle.

If your period is due again in about 3 days you may be able to get to get a result if you take an early detection test like a first response test.

Do you want to be pregnant?

Mimilicious013 Mon 07-Dec-15 11:25:37

My period is due on Wednesday but couldn't wait coz i convinced myself im preggo.Kitkat has a good question, do u want to b pregnant ?

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:00:46

Thank you.. My period started on the 8/11
We have been discussing another baby as our son is 20 months ideally we would have waited till he was a little older, costs wise and we just moved so would need to find somewhere bigger but we would be happy if a little stressed and concerned, we take responsibility for having unprotected sex.
I have been worried about how I would cope with two so young lol but others manage really well so I am sure I am being silly x

KitKat1985 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:55:30

Okay, are you going to take a test today?

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 13:33:00

I am in town now so am going to pick one up, I guess it's best to wait till the morning to do it!

Finola1step Mon 07-Dec-15 13:38:05

So unprotected sex on Day 12 of your cycle? Oh yes, possible.

FWIW, when I was trying first time round, I had a 28 day cycle. Bang on. But I wasn't ovulating until Day 18, which would point to a longer cycle. So nothing was happening because I assumed I was ovulating around Day 14. So cycle lengths etc are not set in stone. Get testing girl.

Threesquids Mon 07-Dec-15 13:48:19

Technically you can ovulate at any time in your cycle, it isn't always text book so I would do a test. I would say it's fine to test now as it's been a month or so since your last period so you are very likely to get an accurate response.
Do a First Response as suggested above - although ignore the shortness of that comment, there was no need for that sort of rudeness to your question.
We aren't all so mean smile

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 15:52:06

Thank you for your kind responses, I knew their was some friendly people on here wink comment up thread is long forgotten!

I have brought a test but couldn't find a first response, I will wait till I get home tonight and do it.

Last time I was this concerned I was pregnant with my son.

KitKat1985 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:39:06

Best of luck OP. Let us know how you get on. x

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:23:14

I done it and it's showing positive! Can't quite believe it to be honest, DP is in a state of shock too. I feel confused and scared.
We just moved into somewhere bigger for the three of us and now we will have to think about moving again and it's going to be tight financially...
Need some cake and a cuppa I think

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:25:05

Good luck Mim for Wednesday by the way, was thinking early but forgot to write it! X

passmethewineplease Mon 07-Dec-15 18:25:55

Congratulations OP. Take some time for it to settle in! It's a shock.

KitKat1985 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:33:16

Congrats. Take a bit of time to let things sink in. Things always work out in the end. xxx

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:35:06

Thanks pass, I will take some time to think and make plans! I am back at work tomorrow which is going to be a tough day

Isthereeverarightime1 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:35:40

Thank you KitKat and thanks for your input today xx

KitKat1985 Mon 07-Dec-15 20:04:17

You're welcome. Hope it all works out for you. And congrats! xx

NottinghamHerbalist Mon 07-Dec-15 23:23:29

Hope everything is ok.

It could be the best thing that ever happened. Our second was born less than 16 months after our first and we were scared witless but he's gorgeous and theres always space for a littleun

Kxx

Mimilicious013 Tue 08-Dec-15 07:19:21

Congratulations isthere, you have a good nine months to work it out dear.good luck

Threesquids Tue 08-Dec-15 11:56:07

Congratulations!

Isthereeverarightime1 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:03:40

Thank you it's been a bit of a daze today but it's sinking in now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now