Talk

Advanced search

I'm broody as hell and wanting a baby

(4 Posts)
Leilabennett123 Fri 04-Dec-15 19:47:37

Hey there! I'm Leila I am 15 years old (16 in A few months). There's this guy I dated 2 years ago (we aren't together now) and we have been pretty close friends, we like each other but he is quite a lot older (well he is 20) I've known him for around 3/4 years but he also lives 2 hours away but we can always see each other just depends on whether he is working or if I'm at school. Anyway as I said we have been talking for ages and I was talking about how I don't want to be too old or too young to have children and he kind of came up with the idea of having a baby. A friend of mine who is also 15 just had her baby a few days ago and he is so cute and lovely. That kind of made me want a baby. Ever since he brought the idea up and then my friend had her baby and it's getting me down and broody as hell

strawberrypenguin Fri 04-Dec-15 19:53:38

If you're for real then you sound no where near grown up enough for a child of your own. Babies are not toys they are properly hard work.
Grow up, live your life and then start a family with someone you love.
Ask your friend about the realities of how hard it is - I bet she could change your mind.

Sunnydays321 Fri 04-Dec-15 20:11:35

Oh Leila. I remember being your age (I'm 27, it wasn't a million years ago) well maybe when I was a little older, I'd been with a guy for about 3 years and thought it would be a lovely idea having a baby.. I never would have done it but it sounded like a good idea! After all your hormones at that age are priming you for motherhood, it's definitely hormones that make you broody! Im not trying to be patronising, just that I understand your broodiness. But it is HARD hard work, you don't just get a baby, but also a toddler, teenager etc! They are only small and cute for a very short period. And NO ONE is broody for a teenager! smile

I'm SO glad I didn't have a baby then. Iv travelled, trained for a great job, I'm married with my own house. Think about all the wonderful, exciting thing a you can do before you have babies. Travel, work, fall in love, drink (legally) have fun with your friends. Make a list of all the things you want to do, places you want to see, a bucket list of sorts. Swim with dolphins, sky dive, ride elephants... What ever it is... You most likely can't do it with children in tow. Especially with no money. Enjoy your life 1st! Then have babies when you are ready (not just broody but truely ready, financially, in a stable relationship, a house etc). Believe me, it would have been a nightmare having a baby with that guy I was with as a teenager! X

mmmminx Fri 04-Dec-15 20:11:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now