Talk

Advanced search

21 day test on Xmas day!

(11 Posts)
broodynmoody Fri 04-Dec-15 12:12:28

I've just had my bloods taken today (im in CD 3) but he said it won't make much difference. Then he said do day 21 but that's Christmas day and the doctors are closed. So I don't know whether to do it in the 24th and or the 28th. My cycles have been 36, 32, 29, 33, 32 for the last 6 month. Would it be best to do it earlier or later?

Freezingwinter Fri 04-Dec-15 12:33:47

Do you know when you ovulate? I would say consider yourself to have an average 32 day cycle maybe? In which case get your bloods done 7 days before af is due, around cd 24 or 25 maybe?

Freezingwinter Fri 04-Dec-15 12:34:16

Although given you did have a 29 day cycle one month that may not be accurate xx

broodynmoody Fri 04-Dec-15 12:39:15

It'll be CD 23 on the 24th Xmas eve..when the doctors are open again on the 29th it will be CD 28. So I don't know which day to get tested on.

broodynmoody Fri 04-Dec-15 12:40:37

And I don't know when I ovulate Freezing . I'm doing the first mong of clear blue dual ones this month

Freezingwinter Fri 04-Dec-15 12:56:59

It might be worth seeing when you ovulate this month, then getting bloods done next month to avoid all the hassle over the Christmas holidays. Ideally you need to have bloods done 7 days after you ovulate. I know this, because I had them too!

broodynmoody Fri 04-Dec-15 13:05:54

I've already had them done now. And I don't know for sure when im ovulating cos I've been doing the cheapie ones and never got a positive. So I can't pinpoint when I ovulate and can't pin point for sure what day I will come on my period x

Rememberallball Fri 04-Dec-15 20:03:34

Actually, although they call them d21 bloods, this is only accurate if you ovulate on cd14 and have a 28 day cycle. In reality the best date for the d21 bloods is 7 days pre-af so, if you have a 32 day cycle, bloods should be done on d25. I would wait a day or two and get them done as soon after Christmas as possible - which, with Christmas being the Friday, isn't going to be until the Tuesday, so cd25!!

broodynmoody Fri 04-Dec-15 23:54:45

Yeah I'm not going to be able to test til the 29th the Tuesday which will cycle Day 28. Or it will be Xmas eve which will be cycle day 23. So which one would be best? Could I go to the A n E department on boxing day (CD 25) ?

thankshhjj Sat 05-Dec-15 01:45:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Woobeedoo Sat 05-Dec-15 17:39:55

I've had to have day 21 tests and was told that if the day 21 falls on a Sunday, you test on day 22 (the Monday). If day 21 falls on a Saturday you get tested the day prior (so Friday). As yours falls on Christmas Day you'll get tested the day before.

You always have to tell the person drawing the blood what cycle day you are so they make a note of it on the vial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now