Talk

Advanced search

Is this a really bad idea?

(3 Posts)
casey101 Fri 04-Dec-15 00:24:41

hi not sure if this is the correct section to post this in but...basically I am 41 and a single mum to a 3 year old. I have hardly any family- just my mum and i worry when we are both gone my 3 year old wont have any other family- i know i am-hopefully- thinking way ahead. I am quite broody and my 3 year olds dad has said we could try for another child even though we are not together and i dont want to be. i just feel like time is running out but i am not super well off financially plus am on my own plus means i am inviting my childs dad back into our lives which im not sure about. it's just that i really want another child. Should I try or just put the thought out of my head? i just dont want to get to 50 and think i wish i had tried but not sure how i would cope as a single mum of 2? i just want my little one to have someone else in the world for when anything happens to me...am i overthinking things? Ty

MummyC92 Fri 04-Dec-15 10:16:19

I know where you are coming from, with wanting your dc to have a sibling and the logistics of having another child with the same father does have advantages, as he is in your lives anyway and if you were to have a 2nd dc they would share the same family (I.e grandparents etc.).

I think it could be a bad idea though if it would give your ex hope of reconciliation and could be confusing for your DC.

casey101 Fri 04-Dec-15 11:12:55

Thank you for your helpful response as yes I think all of the above too- bit confused.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now