Talk

Advanced search

Why we want to become 'mummys'?

(5 Posts)
RainbowTime Thu 03-Dec-15 01:40:14

OK so, my partner and I have been trying to conceive for 2years, we'd love to have a child, reason being because we love each other inside out, we want to have someone else around with more love to grow, both a part of him and I (grammar?!). Also someone to teach life's lessons, someone to learn from, someone to inspire and nurture. This thread is of light hearted nature to see why others' feel they want to parent.There is no wrong or right answer, it simply interests me and gets people talking.

I very much look forward to hearing your responses x

(P.S whilst reading this post you may have also subsided your mind back to why you even started this journey!! - I know I did smile ).

Oysterbabe Thu 03-Dec-15 07:32:17

Mostly for the year off work wink
23 working days until I start maternity! gringrin
Good luck, hope you get your wish soon.

bailey23 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:52:42

Rainbow what a lovely thread!
DH and I want a baby because (this is going to sound cheesy!) it's the final piece of the puzzle - we're a happy family now with us and the dog but a baby will complete our family. We love each other unconditionally and can't wait to share our love with a little one, and watch them grow and learn and develop.
I know there's sleepless nights and screaming sessions, but we can't wait to fill our house with even more love, laughter and joy.
And then there's that face parents make when they're proud of their children, we can't wait to make that face - for all the milestones they reach, and as they get older and they use their manners and help others and start a life of their own at college/uni etc, that 'face' will still be there!

bailey23 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:54:48

Oh, and good luck! I hope you get that longed for BFP soon. My fingers are crossed for me so I'll cross my toes for you and all the others on MN!

RainbowTime Thu 03-Dec-15 20:14:34

Oyster - Best of luck with your mat leave and your mini you x

Bailey - what a wonderful reply, my hubby and I are the same (but replace dog with cat!! lol), know exactly what you mean by 'the face', you put it perfectly x

Reminds me of why we go through the stress of TTC x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now