Talk

Advanced search

Sorry it's done to death but...

(14 Posts)
GirlFromMars1 Wed 02-Dec-15 08:01:25

Can anyone see a faint line on this? I have long cycles which can be erratic. Average is 40 days but can be anywhere from 28 to 55 days. This last month I used opks for the first time which led me to believe I ovulated around day 26. I'm now on day 43 of cycle. Did test this morning and think I can see a faint line. I've attached a few photos. If it is a BFP will my GP run blood tests to confirm it or just another FMU test? Thanks.

Sunnydays321 Wed 02-Dec-15 08:17:53

Yep I can see it! Congratulations!

GPs won't usually run bloods, or do another urine test unless something is specifically wrong, early bleeding etc. the home tests are as accurate as the nhs ones (which are usually the same as the Internet cheapies). If you want your own reassurance wait a couple of days and test again. Xx

Bugmuncher Wed 02-Dec-15 08:19:07

Yep I can see a line smile

ExplodingCarrots Wed 02-Dec-15 08:20:01

I can see a line OP, congratulations!

When I went to the GP they didn't do any tests they just gave me the number for the midwife.

HollyJollyDillydolly Wed 02-Dec-15 08:21:02

Definitely see a line smile

GirlFromMars1 Wed 02-Dec-15 08:25:41

Thank you. I showed my husband this morning but he was very tentative about it and warned me not to get my hopes up. I think I will test again in a few days (read this as probably tomorrow/the next day) to confirm. Really hope this is it though. Have been trying since May and been anxious that it will take a long time given my long cycles and having less opportunities to conceive. 😬 thanks all x

KitKat1985 Wed 02-Dec-15 09:43:54

I see a line. I'd be taking a digital today if I were you. but I'm really impatient smile x

Flossiesmummy Wed 02-Dec-15 10:29:10

You're pregnant! thanksthanks

GirlFromMars1 Thu 03-Dec-15 08:01:54

Thanks again all. I just tested again this morning and got this so no mistaking it now. Pretty sure we must have conceived about the 15th November. Gonna book a GP appt in soon, just hope all goes well now. I hope you all get your happy results soon too. x

HollyJollyDillydolly Thu 03-Dec-15 08:55:08

No mistaking those ones, congratulations!
A lovely early Christmas gift.

GirlFromMars1 Thu 03-Dec-15 09:10:29

Thank you Holly! Xx

KitKat1985 Thu 03-Dec-15 10:05:44

Congrats! x

Pinklily1 Fri 04-Dec-15 17:36:05

Congrats OP! I can't believe the difference in how dark the lines are in just a day!

GirlFromMars1 Fri 04-Dec-15 21:26:21

I know, I was surprised too. Just feeling the fear now that it's not gonna last. Even though it's my 1st and no reason to suspect anything I've just got so many friends who've had miscarriages that it's really put the fear into me. Wasn't drinking at a work do tonight and had so many people making comments. 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now