Talk

Advanced search

Sex after ovulation - myth vs fact

(5 Posts)
ctotoro Mon 30-Nov-15 20:18:45

Ok, so I cannot find any definitive information on this - I'm only 8 days away from AF, so I am more than likely to have ovulated a few days ago. However, as my cycles have been quite long, regular, but long, since coming off the pill - I am dubious about my dates and would rather keep trying right up to the arrival or non arrival of af just incase I haven't actually ovulated yet and af is extra late (if it appears)!

So really, what's the view on having sex after ovulation (assuming I've conceived? does it do harm or good, should I even worry about it?
I've read about orgasms and that you shouldn't have those past ovulation just incase as they have caused miscarriages and chemical pregnancies. Any advice?

simplydivine05 Sat 05-Dec-15 07:42:36

Doctors recommend having sex regularly throughout your cycle when ttc. I've never heard that orgasms can cause miscarriages and am inclined to say that's a load of rubbish. Genetics usually cause miscarriage if you are otherwise healthy and your hormones function properly. If you are bleeding in pregnancy it is recommended to abstain but this is long after an egg has implanted. An egg doesn't start to implant until at least six days after ovulation and that's at least.

Oysterbabe Sat 05-Dec-15 08:10:24

There's no harm in sex after ovulation so crack on.

mascaraisamust Sat 05-Dec-15 16:56:39

Concieved after postive opk (day after). I know this as DH was away x

mascaraisamust Sat 05-Dec-15 16:57:22

Oh but kept going for three days after postive opk. Same last bfp too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now