Talk

Advanced search

Two positive tests and now negative. What's going on?!

(6 Posts)
bristollady Tue 24-Nov-15 16:25:02

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first ever Mumsnet post so I apologise if it's stupid!

I missed my period and took a test (one of the pink Superdrug ones) on Saturday, which was positive. I wanted to make sure so I went out and got the Clearblue one later that day, which also said positive and dated me at 1-2 weeks. I was really excited about it, but cautious.

I had a bit of light cramping and some spotting so I decided today to take another one just in case. I did it late in the day and didn't have much wee left, so maybe I did it wrong, but it was negative. Now I'm paranoid I've lost it or something!

I've been really emotional about it all and cried a bit. I've bought another one and I'm going to take it first thing tomorrow morning, but I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this? I am really hoping it's positive. So worried all this might have been for nothing...

AprilShowers16 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:32:44

I think it would be fairly normal to get a negative test later in the day at that early stage. I was only just getting faint positives 3-4 days after my period was late and that was first thing in the morning. Spotting can be worrying but it's also quite likely that reason for the negative test is that you tested in the afternoon. Fingers crossed for a good result tomorrow morning smile

bristollady Tue 24-Nov-15 16:44:35

Thank you. Argh I hope so. I am so worried! I keep Googling things to do with pregnancy and then becoming convinced I have all the worst things. The internet is not your friend when you are a bit of a hypochondriac!

bristollady Wed 25-Nov-15 07:19:57

Just did it again and got another positive! I'm bleeding a little though. Must be an implantation bleed.

SeriousStuff Wed 25-Nov-15 09:12:00

I think it's more likely to get a false negative than a positive (but don't quote me on that!)

bristollady Wed 25-Nov-15 18:22:40

Bleeding got worse today and after a scan it seems I have miscarried. I am heartbroken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now