Talk

Advanced search

Rambles

(2 Posts)
aries85aries89 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:22:17

I wrote my first post back in August (link below) and then didn't write again because, you know, life. But now I'm back for a second round of rambles. I wasn't pregnant the last time. Still not, in fact. Not getting my knickers in a twist over it though. No hurry. Kids are scary.

Having said that I have been reading up more on conception and whatnot. I never realised that an egg only has a shelf life of 24 hours. Twenty-four hours!! That means that there are only 24 hours in every month when I - we - all of us - can get pregnant. No wonder it takes a few attempts to nail it (heh heh). How on earth do people do it by accident?! So I thought I'd have a read up.

Cervical mucus. Now there's two of the least sexy words in the English language, eh? Cervical. Mucus. Yum. To be honest I've never really paid that much attention to the stuff and the now apparent changes it goes through. I used to get tons of it in my teens, what a treat, but once that calmed down I sort of forgot about it. It's goo. It's there. And what? Well, and a lot, it turns out. So now I'm far more interested in the consistency of my excretions than even I care to think about. Come on honey, I'm feeling clear and stretchy tonight, gimme some sugar... Gah.

Got to go to a gynaecologist on the 1st December to get checked out for endometriosis. Pooing sometimes feels like there's a beach ball made of sharp pokey stuff in my pelvis, which is obviously an absolute riot. So yeah. Loving that. I'm not nervous at all. Oh no, wait, I'm bricking it. Endometriosis can be as mild as a summer breeze but you never read those stories do you? Only the horror-inducing ones that involve parts of some poor woman's bladder and rectum being removed. Or infertility. You know that expression 'it makes my blood run cold'? Yeah, well when I think about that I pretty much turn blue. Ice crystals form in the air around me. Elsa ain't got nothing on me.

And my fella? The dictionary definition of unflappable. Everything in his stride, one day at a time. I swear he's high the majority of the time. Only rational explanation I'm afraid. Elsa and Bob Marley sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Aries out

First post:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2452801-Winging-It-With-Nature

aries85aries89 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:25:08

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2452801-Winging-It-With-Nature

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now