help!

(11 Posts)
Baby40 Mon 23-Nov-15 18:46:23

According to this pic I should be ovulating soon. I have done an ovulation test and came back negative confused have I done one to early or am I not going to ovulate I'm tearing my hair out??

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 20:29:06

What does your cm tell you?

Baby40 Mon 23-Nov-15 20:40:43

Sorry what is cm? I'm so new to all this and not telling anyone so it's hard to ask questions X

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 21:27:08

Cervical mucus. Basically (and this I'd waaay too much information) go to loo and pop two fingers up yourself and get some of your mucus, the dried stuff on your underwear won't give an accurate result. Stretch the mucus between your fingers, if it's like water you aren't ovulating in the next 2/3 days but are nearly there. If it's thick and white or dry like paste you've already ovulated, if it's stringy and clear, like egg white and stretches between your fingers then bingo. It's ovulation time, get hight with it!

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 21:28:19

Hight?! Was meant to be jiggy!

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 21:29:09

Hight?! Was meant to be jiggy.

Baby40 Mon 23-Nov-15 21:29:39

Ok thank you I've had that before when I wasn't TTC and wondered what that was! I'll have a check thank you smile X

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 21:30:19

Ovulation tests are very vague, very dependent on time of day, hydration levels etc!

Bugmuncher Mon 23-Nov-15 22:14:47

Is there a particular time of day you should do an ovulation test? Is it like a pregnancy test and you should do it first thing in the morning?

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 23:05:36

Each type of opk is different, some brands want first morning urine, some want mid afternoon. You need to see what your brand says.

Weddingbelle13 Mon 23-Nov-15 23:23:13

Juno that's the best cm explanation ive ever seen I usually find it so confusing ive screen shotted your answer for future reference thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now