Talk

Advanced search

just need a moan

(27 Posts)
LizKeen Mon 23-Nov-15 10:46:25

AF was due yesterday. I POAS on Sat with a Clearblue non digi and it was neg.

I had crampy feelings on my right side and pain in my hip that started on Friday night and lasted all weekend. It was bad enough that I constantly felt uncomfortable and in a small bit of pain. I had a sore back on Sat morning, to the point I was stooped over. Sat afternoon my back improved and is ok now. Last night the cramps turned into a much more heavy pulling feeling in my lower abdomen. All dayI was expecting AF and checked a few times as felt damp down below, but it was just clear CM.

I had in my head that all that was just AF coming, but I generally don't get period pains/cramps before AF normally. I think I have had those kind of symptoms three times in all the years I have been menstruating.

This morning I woke up feeling sure I would have AF. But nope. Just more CM. Cramps and hip pain have gone.

I am going to buy more tests later, not clearblue though, asda's own. This is only our first month ttc #3 so I didn't think it would happen so soon, but of course hoped that it would. I don't want to get my hopes up.

So is getting a neg test the day before AF and then being pregnant common? Any opinions on my symptoms? (I know I won't know until I test or get AF, but I have no one to talk to about it, DH has listened all weekend and he is at work now.)

Mimilicious013 Mon 23-Nov-15 13:59:54

Hie .fingers crossed for your bfp.the early pregnancy symptoms and period pains are so similar its nerve wracking !i feel your impatience but like they say u are not out until af shows.try testing again tomorrow and every other day(id suggest cheapies) till af or bfp.good luck!!

LizKeen Mon 23-Nov-15 18:43:31

Thanks!

Still no AF and just tested again and its BFN. sad

Wish AF would just come if its coming. No idea why I am late if I'm not pregnant.

LizKeen Tue 24-Nov-15 09:40:31

Tested again with fmu and still neg.

Just wish AF would hurry up now so we can start again!

strawberryandaflake Tue 24-Nov-15 10:01:19

You tested too early. Give it a few more days and try again.

LizKeen Tue 24-Nov-15 10:03:33

I am two days late, how is that too early?

I got a bfp with DD2 2 days before AF. So I figured that 2 days late is the normal time to test?

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Tue 24-Nov-15 10:07:22

If it's your first month TTC, what contraception have you been using up until now? If hormonal contraception it might be that your cycle hasn't gone back to normal yet?

LizKeen Tue 24-Nov-15 10:12:38

No, I haven't been on any contraception. We use condoms just.

I had a stomach bug, but that was after I should have already ovulated. I am wondering if that has set me back a couple of days.

Mimilicious013 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:16:29

Sorry Liz ,it's a pain hey!maybe u ovulated later than u thought.were u temping or using opks?

LizKeen Tue 24-Nov-15 10:25:01

I used opks but not sure about them. I got a fairly dark line, though not as dark as the control, and the next day was a fainter line. We had dtd the day before the dark line, the day of the dark line and the day after. And then two days after that.

I had ewcm as well, which I always get around that time in my cycle. So I was fairly sure that I had ovulated.

I am not too worried about not being pregnant, as it was only the first month. I got bfp with DD2 on month 2. I know I am very lucky in that regard. But the fact that I am now in limbo with a late period and neg tests is frustrating.

Figgygal Tue 24-Nov-15 10:29:07

Yup I was 4 days late and got a bfn but i'd had a stinking cold last week so think it delayed me. I'm hating this ttc stuff at the moment ....would be good to just say fuck it and give up as we are onto cycle 11 now angry

strawberryandaflake Tue 24-Nov-15 10:37:12

The hormone it tests for doubles daily after conception until you get a bfp. Our cycles aren't always spot on, and yes if you have been poorly it can put it out a bit. I tested at 2 days late and it came back neg. Tested at 4 days late and it was a bfp... Turns out it's twins.

Why are there so many people on here that ask for advice then have a go at you when you give it??

LizKeen Tue 24-Nov-15 11:01:04

Who was having a go? confused

Congrats on the twins. smile There were twins born recently in the family and they are the cutest things.

I will continue to test if AF doesn't appear. Over the weekend I was so sure I was pregnant, but getting negative tests has erased that.

Sorry to hear that Figgy, I am almost insane after one cycle, it must be awful to be going through this for the 11th time.

Figgygal Tue 24-Nov-15 11:08:17

Wouldn't mind but we conceived ds pretty much right away thought would be same this time last couple months been proper batty over it with friends and previous antenatal group throwing up BFPs everywhere but just got to persevere I guess!!

Good luck

Mimilicious013 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:20:43

I think being a woman is so hard.all the weight is on you eeish.sorry figgy it's so many emotional up and downs.i conceived dd after a year,so this time im not putting my money on it.no opks,no tests unless af really is late.am in my 5th cycle so i know i have a long way to go.
Liz hang in there.we are here for you !

Mimilicious013 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:21:27

I think being a woman is so hard.all the weight is on you eeish.sorry figgy it's so many emotional up and downs.i conceived dd after a year,so this time im not putting my money on it.no opks,no tests unless af really is late.am in my 5th cycle so i know i have a long way to go.
Liz hang in there.we are here for you !
Congrats on the twins Strawberry

LizKeen Thu 26-Nov-15 13:21:54

Still no AF. Now 4 days late and I don't feel like its on its way even. Tested again today, and still BFN, though I thought I could see a shadow of a line, I can't be sure I wasn't imagining it.

I am now wondering if the pains/cramps I had Fri/Sat were actually implantation pains, and that my HCG levels aren't high enough yet. I think its possible if I ovulated later than I thought, and didn't implant until 12 dpo.

confused

Mimilicious013 Thu 26-Nov-15 14:04:58

You just might be right liz,if implantation occurred later.,u will have to test again.fingers crossed for your bfp dear

LizKeen Thu 26-Nov-15 15:22:21

Thanks. smile

Mimilicious013 Sun 29-Nov-15 12:24:20

Any news yet Liz,did u get a bfp?

LizKeen Sun 29-Nov-15 15:18:06

Still no change. No AF and another neg test this morning. I have been more tired than normal this week, been dizzy a few days too, and feeling the cold a lot. My MIL commented on me being very pale etc. (She doesn't know we are ttc, but she always mentions us having a third, and any time I get sick she starts hinting at me being pregnant.)

Don't know how long I should leave it before I go to the GP. Or maybe I just assume I am missing a cycle/didn't ovulate? I am also considering thyroid issues...but wouldn't that be the mother of all coincidences in the first month we were ttc.

With the late implantation theory I had, I might not have high enough levels until tomorrow...but I am pretty resigned to not being pregnant now, and I don't think I will test again, as I have ran out of tests anyway.

Mimilicious013 Mon 30-Nov-15 08:07:03

Morning liz hope u had a good night.any changes.i so feel for u it surely is nerve wrecking not knowing what's up.what cd r u on and what's your normal cycle like ?

LizKeen Mon 30-Nov-15 08:30:12

AF came this morning. sad

My normal cycle is 32 days. Yesterday was CD39.

Now I have no idea when I will be ovulating again, and I don't really want to do OPKs as I am not sure how helpful they are.

Mimilicious013 Mon 30-Nov-15 11:10:56

Sorry dear.hoping for a better cycle for u,(your xmas bfp).i don't do opks too and i try to dtd a little early and eod not to miss the opportunity.it's really hard but well what can we do.baby dust to you

LizKeen Mon 30-Nov-15 11:50:15

Thanks, baby dust to you too.

Yes I think we will be dtd eod too. I am not too down about it, as it was only month 1, but the late period did raise our hopes. Oh well, up and on to the next cycle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now