Talk

Advanced search

Did you have a bucket list of things to do before you get pregnant? What was on it?

(8 Posts)
Tinkz13 Thu 19-Nov-15 17:25:00

Hi,

I'm brand new onto the site so apologies if this is teh incorrect place or its already been done.

The hubby and I are "trying" but I have PCOS and a few other issues so it may take time, so to keep us both occupied (and stressed out) I want to come up with a before baby bucket list... I need inspiration and guidance please smile

x

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 20-Nov-15 12:04:34

Hi there
And WELCOME
We have loads of info on this
We've not had a bucket list thread for ages.
We are going to change the thread title to see what people think
In the mean time Happy Shagging {not every day you have to type that sentence for work}
grin

Junosmum Fri 20-Nov-15 12:54:27

I had one - go to Peru, go to a new bar in town and to a really really fancy/ expensive restaurant near us etc etc. I even typed it up on a spreadsheet.

2 days later I deleted it - I was pregnant!

bluebell19 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:07:29

This is a lovely idea. I'm really struggling right now and it would be nice to have things to look forward to!

Big things like holidays are great at taking your mind off things (ive had about 6 now since ttc!) but I think smaller things that you can do more regularly might help too. Like picking a new bar/restaurant each month, taking up a new hobby or trying a new wine that you wouldnt have been able to have if you were pregnant.

Good luck Tinkz and let us know what you come up with!

RoseBud2015 Fri 20-Nov-15 17:20:53

Mine mainly consists of travel destinations:
1. Dubai at Christmas 2014- done!
2. 5* UK spa weekend with DH- did in the Summer!
3. Long weekend in Krakow - next on my list to plan.
4. And because we don't seem to be getting anywhere fast with ttc (15 months and now making private IVF enquiries) we have booked a longer 2 wk holiday to Dubai this Easter to really spoil ourselves.
5. We also do weekly date nights and take it in turns each fortnight to plan something special for the 2 of us to enjoy together. It doesn't have to be expensive; sometimes its just making pizzas together or sharing a bath with some prosecco. Going for a long walk or going bowling. Or trying out a new cocktail bar in town or paintballing! Just basically things that will become very difficult with a baby in tow!

mamaneedsamojito Fri 20-Nov-15 19:28:41

Last time - no, it all happened too quickly. We did do one last brilliant holiday though. We travelled through America when I was 20ish weeks pregnant. It cost almost as much as our honeymoon and was fantastic. I'm so glad we did as I still can't entertain the thought of getting on a plane yet even though LO is nearly 2.

This time (we are TTC #2) it has mostly revolved around food - I'm eating a lot of medium rare steaks, soft cheese, and red wine. If we didn't already have a toddler in the mix, I'd be planning another holiday. My main plan is to sleep as much as possible and spend some quality time with DH - both things that are next to impossible with a young baby.

sunshinegirl12 Sat 21-Nov-15 17:59:13

RoseBud, love the sound of some of your date night ideas. Didn't want to plan anything too exotic this year 'just in case' but after nearly a year of ttc realised I can't live my life this way anymore, so planning a trip to Vietnam that we wouldn't be able to do with a little one.

Mermaid36 Sun 22-Nov-15 10:25:54

Got a lovely new tattoo last month....got my BFP this month - thank god for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now