Talk

Advanced search

CM smells a bit spermy???

(6 Posts)
JDol Thu 19-Nov-15 12:56:16

Probably TMI, but we're TTC and I ovulated a CD12. At around CD21 (so ten is days later) I went for a wee and noticed that my CM smelt like sperm! We haven't had sex in around 4-5 days at that point. There wasn't much CM, just the normal. It's not off colour or anything and I don't think anythings wrong as I'm not itchy or whatever. Has anyone had this before?

Any chance this could be an early sign? I've also had a few little twinges low down. So minor I wouldn't even notice them if I wasn't watching my body so closely. I've also been a right grumpy cow, although that could just be down to the husband being a prat!

I am just getting my hopes up over a disgusting 'symptom'! It feels impossible to wait until my period is due on Monday

SeriousStuff Thu 19-Nov-15 13:48:52

It could just be that there's still some "up there" and it's coming out now in your CM?!

MummyBex1985 Thu 19-Nov-15 18:46:23

I've had it happen before. I assumed it was just leftover leakage, lol.

It wasn't a PG symptom for me but a change in CM can be a sign.

Junosmum Thu 19-Nov-15 19:57:12

Semen, the fluid sperm is in, and cervical mucus are actually made of the same proteins and enzymes, just in different quantities, this helps fertility as your CM feeds and nourishes the sperm, giving it more energy to get to your eggs. So yes, it will smell spermy at times.

Mine started to smell really spermy once I was pg!

ManicPixieDream Thu 19-Nov-15 19:59:41

This came up in my active threads (did not notice which section it was in at first) and I read CM as childminder! blush

hilzypop Fri 20-Nov-15 15:55:07

Haha a spermy smelling childminder! grin sounds v un wholesome dont think i would hire someone like that!
As for the spermy cm have had only after sex but junos mum makes a good point- go with that! Happy ttcing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now