Talk

Advanced search

Help why are these lines so faint?

(12 Posts)
Asher90 Thu 19-Nov-15 10:33:45

Can anybody tell me why the lines are so faint? Xx

gamerchick Thu 19-Nov-15 10:36:49

Because you're only a little bit pregnant?

sparechange Thu 19-Nov-15 10:37:32

How many DPO are you?

Asher90 Thu 19-Nov-15 10:44:46

I'm not too sure, my cycle started on 16th October so probably around 14 dpo? Does the faintness of the lines have anything to do with the hcg levels being strong or weak?

sparechange Thu 19-Nov-15 12:21:20

Faint lines mean there isn't much detectable HCG. The stronger the line, the more HCG.
Were both of those tests done on the same day?

You could wait 48 hours and test again, and see if you get a stronger line?

As sparechange said, wait 2 days and test again, with the first urine of the morning. Assuming your dates are correct it is still early days.

Junosmum Thu 19-Nov-15 18:24:14

Those lines mean you are pregnant. Congratulations.

Mine was considerably fainter. I took one more, a clear blue digital and then left it. No need to worry yourself. I'm now 32 weeks.

Lots can affect the darkness of lines, how pregnant you are, your hydration level, the test itself, time of day you do them etc etc.

Andysgirl15 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:15:44

If u look at the indications on the left of the test that really pink line is actually the test line and the faint is the control line x

Andysgirl15 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:16:37

So it's picking up a lot of hcg so ur more than 'a little pregnant'

Vap0 Fri 20-Nov-15 20:25:48

Well spotted andys, I think we are all so conditioned into seeing faint lines we expect the faint one to be the test line.
Good going asher grin

Asher90 Mon 23-Nov-15 15:21:38

Wow, I'm only back onto this thread after a manic weekend. I just checked the box again and your right, the dark line is the positive line!!! Lol, weird how we just assume the faint one is the one to look for!!! I'm definately going to treat myself to a digital test nowgringringrin

Junosmum Mon 23-Nov-15 15:41:25

Let us know how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now