Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy straw poll....how often do you BD....

(15 Posts)
littlek86 Thu 19-Nov-15 10:04:51

I'm just putting this question out there to see if there is a pattern amongst us as 'experts' in this field...

When you have conceived, did you bd everyday/every other/did you get lucky?

The month I conceived we did bd everyday (unfortunately mc'd) but it really was a lot to keep up...thinking of trying every other so thought it would be interesting to see if others had an opinion about this...

Lots-a-love xx

Peaceloveandpartyrings Thu 19-Nov-15 11:37:02

What does BD stand for?

OstentatiousBreastfeeder Thu 19-Nov-15 12:07:10

'Baby dance', Peace

We carried on as normal while TTC, but when I thought I was ovulating (going by CM and a calendar) we upped the tempo.

JDol Thu 19-Nov-15 13:13:32

We're still TTC1 (7mnths trying) and find doing the BD every day sucks all the fun out of it. It's like
"have you taken the bins out?"
"No we don't need to everyday"
"Yea but you might miss the bin man"
"screw the bin man I'm fed up of putting the bloody bins out"

So we're normal except for 3 days when I get my flashing smiley face

MummyBex1985 Thu 19-Nov-15 13:25:18

Hahaha.

Agree entirely with the previous two posts. I'm not prepared to obsess to the point that spontaneity goes, it loses the fun completely. As long as there's enough BDing to give us a reasonable chance then that's fine (day before and or day of OV).

JDol Thu 19-Nov-15 13:28:50

There's still pressure though. Even on those 'extra' days it kind of feels forced. I almost wish I didn't know when I ovulated, then it would be spontaneous

minniebear Thu 19-Nov-15 13:30:22

I've always been unsure of when I ovulate, so we BD'd every day for about 10 days both times to conceive. It definitely took the fun out for me, but DH thought it was bloody marvellous.

JDol Thu 19-Nov-15 13:31:42

How did you manage to stay enthusiastic? I'd be watching Eastenders over his shoulder after ten days haha

MrsNuckyT Thu 19-Nov-15 13:33:03

In a similar vein - does anyone have any top tips for upping libido on those days when you 'should' be doing it but really don't fancy it? I'm really struggling with this and know I don't have a particularly high sex drive. Conceived DS by being spontaneous (on honeymoon) but now with a toddler, that sort of thing rarely happens!!

JDol Thu 19-Nov-15 13:33:50

Get drunk haha

JDol Thu 19-Nov-15 13:34:12

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy sex, just not when it feels like a chore

Diddlydokey Thu 19-Nov-15 13:35:40

Every other day but conceived in first cycle. It was a 7 week cycle admittedly but easier to stay enthusiastic for the first cycle.

Bishboshbash Thu 19-Nov-15 13:39:20

The first time we kind fo followed the smep plan but only 3days in a row once Ov miss a day and then one extra day. This time round we only did it two days in a row after positive Ov test and that was it for the whole month. No chance I cba to do it everyday!

SeriousStuff Thu 19-Nov-15 13:42:16

With DC1, we did every other day for 2.5 weeks and then sporadically before and after then. To be honest it was too much. Forcing both of you to be up for DTD can be counter productive. Just started TTC for #DC2 this month and we're more laid back - only doing every other day during the week when I'm meant to be most fertile - ad hoc at other times.

littlek86 Thu 19-Nov-15 14:23:58

All good comments...the annoying thing for us is following surgery to have my tubes cleared we (amazingly) conceived the first month after it. Had been trying for a long time before the surgery but no luck...and that was why! That was dtd every day for about 12 days so now in my head thats the only way it works! But I agree, even that month at the height of enthusiasm it feels like a lot!

Going to stick to every other for this month I think, definitely feels more achievable! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now