We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I ovulate on a CBFM high day and not on the peak?!

(2 Posts)
artylady14 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:52:12

Hi all. I wondered if it is possible that the CBFM doesn't pick up ovulation til its passed? Im on CD 19 today and got my second Peak on my CBFM today. I only had one high day before the peaks and was caught out by it as we were not trying the past week with my husband being a bit ill. Also, I normally ovulate on CD24-28 so we were just going to start trying.

Anyway, my temperature rose today and I have yet to get a positive on my CB digital ovulation tester. I just tried yesterday and today. Yesterday evening I did a cheapie and the digital and the cheapie had a dark second line but it was much lighter this evening. Both evenings (and yesterday daytime) the digital has been negative.

Does anyone think I may have ovulated two days ago (the day I got a high and wasnt even doing ovulation tests or ttc)? My chart doesnt look good

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4a4782

I am so annoyed this has happened this month as it was our last chance before we start IVFsad

Junosmum Tue 17-Nov-15 21:58:40

Yes, very much possible and actually quite likely. OPKs are a blunt tool at best, totally rubbish and worthless at worse. They are so dependent on your hydration levels, time you pee etc etc.

The month I got pregnant they told me I didn't ovulate! Luckily I watched my CM and discounted the OPKs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now