Talk

Advanced search

If you miss Ovulation...

(5 Posts)
broodynmoody Mon 16-Nov-15 11:14:26

..can you still get pregnant? We have sex 3 times a week every couple of days usually, so if I ovulated and not knew about it, can I still get pregnant upto 2 days after if the sperm is still there? I'm testing everyday but keep getting negative, usually round 11/12 am. I think I'm gonna try testing later but it's hard as I work shifts. Frustrated isn't the word!

PacificDogwod Mon 16-Nov-15 11:17:10

Yes, of course you can smile

Semen can survive for days, as can the egg.
Having SI every 2 days for the middle 10 days of your cycle gives the best chance of success.

Good luck.

broodynmoody Mon 16-Nov-15 17:21:08

It's really hard to do that as we both work full time and are often like passing ships, im not getting positive opk and it's been mentioned on here that sometimes u have to test morning and evening as sometimes there can only be a small window.

Peyia Mon 16-Nov-15 17:56:30

I sound like a broken record but have to share in the hope people don't lose hope when they don't get a positive ovulation test. I never saw a positive last month. Tested from cd10 and despite ovulation pains I never got a positive on the stick. Started to lose hope but we just had sex nearly everyday through what I thought was my fertile week and we caught it smile

The fact you are having sex regularly is as much as you can do. A healthy balanced lifestyle helps but I genuinely feel it is the luck of the draw as it's all down to timing. Good luck xx

broodynmoody Mon 16-Nov-15 23:06:10

Thank you. Yeah there's nothing more I can do really as we have sex as often as we can. I'm trying to get in doctors to get bloods done but to get an appointment is a nightmare. Feel a bit hopeless at the moment confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now