Talk

Advanced search

Advice on Clearblue Ovulation Tests

(4 Posts)
Proudmummy2014 Sat 14-Nov-15 12:59:44

Hi there,

We've been TTC ive been using the Clearblue ovulation dual hormone detector digital tests. I'm slightly confused by this months results as I did have peak days (static smiley test) and now it's gone back to high fertility (flashing smiley face). I would have thought once ovulation has occurred I wouldn't be highly fertile again. I've just outlined below the exact dates I was getting what so it's easier to read:
•my menstrual cycle is bang on 27/28 days every month
•this month I had high fertility on CD 12 and 13 (with EWCM)
•then peak fertility days on CD 14 and 15 (with EWCM)
•started getting cramps on CD 16 (but no EWCM) and not fertile on OVulation test
•CD 18 it's showing high fertility

Can someone please help me decipher what may be going on?

MummyBex1985 Sat 14-Nov-15 14:22:58

Basically you screw the test up if you continue testing after your static smiley on the same cycle.

So anything after your static can be ignored as inaccurate. It won't work properly until you get your next blank face on your next cycle so it has a level of hormones to measure against.

Proudmummy2014 Sat 14-Nov-15 14:45:48

It's because I started getting cramps so was wondering whether I was ovulating now/about to, hence why I did another test. Should I now just wait until the next cycle before testing again? Still don't understand why it would display a smiley face. If my body didn't have a higher level of estrogen in it? Maybe I'm being stupid.

sophied1983 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:27:27

I've found these tests so confusing! I had high fertility at two separate points in this last cycle and peak on day 38!!! So I wouldn't treat them as gospel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now