Talk

Advanced search

period 8 days after ovulating?

(4 Posts)
WLTMEET Sat 14-Nov-15 10:09:40

Hi,
I hope it's ok for me to post here.

The back story is I already have one dc (9) and it happened easily. I have always had periods like clockwork (28days) however since having the merina coil out 13 months ago, my cycle has never regulated itself. I still have cycles of around 26-28 days. However my periods stop and start and the whole thing drags out over 11 days, right on the nose. I have around a week of light bleeding , interrupted by a 'pause' of 2 or more days, then bam- a full period for the last 3 days. It only feels like a proper period towards the end (ie, cramps etc)

I decided to track my ovulation and it would appear I'm ovulating around about day 14 /15, which would be great in principle, but Ive also started having a 23 day cycle in the last 2 months which has just upped my anxiety levels. I NEVER have such short cycles? This means I'm having a luteal phase of 8 days.

What would you advise? I'm 37

MummyBex1985 Sat 14-Nov-15 10:36:34

Have you been TTC for 13 months? If so then I'd be going to the GP.

Pregnacare conception helped regulate my cycles but you could try agnus cactus too.

I also fell PG easily first time around ten years ago, it's been a very different story this time after ten years on BC!

WLTMEET Sat 14-Nov-15 10:48:40

Not trying no- sorry should have said. I had such a bad time with the mirena and various other issues (unrelated) that we decided to start in the new year but I'm having a hard time getting my periods on track. I'm worried sick that I won't be able to get pregnant. If I'm having my period a few days after ovulation then I feel like there's already an issue

okpa Sat 14-Nov-15 11:27:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now