Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling confused...help!

(5 Posts)
Oliveisme Sat 14-Nov-15 00:06:21

I'm so glad I have somewhere to go when I'm feeling confused/worried because honestly I don't think my DH could take any more conception talk! He's happy about trying but I don't think he wants to talk about it 24/7 if you know what I mean so thank goodness for you guys! Anyway right now I feel pregnant (lots of symptoms esp nausea) but on taking a test it was BFN. I used a morrisons test and tested in the middle of day. Anyone used morrisons? Are they any good? Also my last AF was very very short compared to my usual 6 days (we had dtd several times leading up to AF due date and she was early) which is why a week later I tested. Should I go and buy another test or accept that it was not me this month?

mascaraisamust Sat 14-Nov-15 07:04:37

I did a morrisons one and got a bfn, next day a CB using fmu and got a BFP. Try a first response x

Oysterbabe Sat 14-Nov-15 07:06:04

A week after your period was due you'd more than likely get a positive result if pregnant. I think you're out for this month I'm afraid.

VocationalGoat Sat 14-Nov-15 07:24:28

First Response only! No Morrison's tests OK?! grin And Sainsbury's are notorious for false positives so don't even think about it. wink
Pink dye is far more reliable than blue dye so get thee to Boots and get a First Response. A negative is an undisputed negative with FR.

Yeah, I'd kill the conception talk with DH. I'll get flamed for being sexist or making a gender issue or whatever but guys can't stand nuts and bolts fertility/conception talk. My husband is a GP and often men go to him complaining about this aspect of their relationships. So...consider that 'market research'. wink
Don't worry, we've all had the talks with our partners. Our sex life tanked though when baby talk dominated our words and actions. I realised I needed to chill out. It stresses both parties out.

Oliveisme Sat 14-Nov-15 23:31:05

Thanks for your replies. Yes I agree with you VocationGoat about the nuts and bolts and men!!! still feeling strange wink but didn't get time to get a first response test today but definitely will tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now