Talk

Advanced search

Two faint positives and negative clear blue

(14 Posts)
MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 21:55:30

Hi,
I'm new to mumsnet and I've never posted before so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but feel like I'm going out of my mind and would love someone elses opinion. Sorry for the long post...

I had a normal period on 30th Sept that lasted 6 days (normal) and then last month on the 27th Oct i had one that started with pink spotting and only lasted 4 days (unusual). As I'm not ttc and it was when i wiuld normally be due i didn't pay much attention to it but looking back at it now it was A LOT lighter than normal so was thinking it could of been implantation bleeding. We dtd quite a few times in between those dates and a few since the last bleed.

Last week i was exhausted and lost my appetite and then on saturday i felt really nauseous and really felt like i was going to be sick... the only other time I've felt like that was when i was expecting my son. Then that evening i was laying on the sofa and i could feel a lot of tugging and pulling sensations around where my uterus is (uterus streching?) and started to think maybe I'm pregnant. This week I've been still been exhausted, wanting to nap all the time, needing to pee constantly, boobs feel a bit bigger although not really sore (nipples maybe a bit more sensative than normal), more of the pulling sensation, a definite rise in the skin just above my pelvic bone (like the very very early beginnings of a bump and already had a child so would begin to show earlier), really low mood last week but this week I've just been happy thinking I'm pregnant (did cry at the john lewis ad but do that every year ahaha) and felt nauseous a couple more times and seem to have super smell. Also have that runny nose thing going (but it is flu season) so all in all definitely some symptoms going on that i don't normally have and I've just been feeling pregnant you know.

I went and brought a pack of lloyds pharmacy cheap tests on tuesday and was over eager on the first one and did it when i didn't really need to pee so it only got a dribble. Dismissed it as negative after a few seconds as when i had my son positive result showed straight away (that was at about 2pm) Went back to the bathroom about 20 minutes later and gave it another look and had a very very faint positive but obv out of the time limit. Waited an hour and did the second test.. this time peed in a cup and dipped and again came up with a faint positive within about 3 minutes so took that as a BFP and even jumped the gun and told my sister but did a clear blue digital with weeks indicator this evening (about 7pm) and it said not pregnant!! What result should i take? So dissappointed after the faint positives. I have another clear blue so was thinking I'd do it first thing in the morning to get the high levels (if there's any there) but if the october bleed was implantation then I'd be around 4 weeks (6 weeks from last period) now so surely it would show up on all tests by now? And if oct was normal period then it would be too early to be feeling anything if I'd conceived since so honestly don't know what to think :/ any opinions would be great! Just really need some reassurance that I'm not going crazy! Haha xxx

wantingno2 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:15:13

clear blue are shocking there not really sensative at all and you really should use ur first morning wee do you have a picture of ur faint posative x

MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 22:26:20

Thanks for responding smile That's what I keep hearing but don't want to set my self up for more disappointment tomorrow by not believing it. This is my faint positive (cracked it out out of plastic cause i was getting frustrated thinking it was just the reflection of light on it tricking my eyes. I don't know if you'll be able to see it in the photo but def there. About a cm up from the control line... ignore my awful nails, they've been sorted since ahaha

MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 22:28:30

It looks grey in the pic but it is actually the same colour as the control line. That"s the one that showed winthin the time limit

lordStrange Wed 11-Nov-15 22:30:58

flowers Well based on that I'm offering congratulations smile. I can see a line.

MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 22:32:02

Also this is the clear blue one that i got out of the plastic haha again they had more colour to them that shows in the pic but i hear they always have 3 lines even if you're not and it's the shade of blue that matters so i don't know...

MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 22:34:26

Thank you, I hope so! I really was convinced by it but now I'm questioning it all. It's just so annoying that the expensive ones can be less reliable than the cheap ones :/

wantingno2 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:40:22

I can see it to get a first response test or superdrug own brand there the most sensative and use first morning wee leave it a few days befor u do another digital x

MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 22:50:27

I don't think I'm going to be able to resist using this one tomorrow ?? but if i get a BFN again i'll definitely go grab some of those. I don't know why i brought clear blue... I'd already heard they were crap! Haha

wantingno2 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:55:17

Keep us updated I hope it's a bfp for you x

MummyOfJose Wed 11-Nov-15 23:02:24

I will do, thank you smile Fingers crossed xx

wantingno2 Thu 12-Nov-15 11:17:47

Hey how are you getting on today??x

MummyOfJose Thu 12-Nov-15 12:16:10

It was another BFN this morning but wasn't expecting much different at this point. And all of my symptoms seem to of disappeared overnight so starting to think i imagined the whole thing :/ think I'm going to wait the weekend and if my symptoms come back I'll get first response. It's all so frustrating :/

wantingno2 Wed 18-Nov-15 19:46:03

Hey any news x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now