Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

From I'm NEVER having a baby again to the coil being taken out, all in 24 hours!

(5 Posts)
Sheep2345 Wed 11-Nov-15 15:38:09

So, long story short, after a rough first year of motherhood (depression, anxiety, panic) I decided one DD (now 2.5) was enough.
Cue my friend announcing on Sunday she's 'accidentally' pregnant for the second time. DH getting all gooey eyed (again!) and asking pretty please can we try for another, I finally warmed a little to the idea.
Quick trip to the doctors yesterday for a pre-assessment (the receptionist said I needed one) and the doctor offers to remove the coil then and there!
So now I'm trying for number two and absolutely terrified. One week ago I was an adamant no, and now I'm bloody doing it (no pun intended!)
I suppose I just need a hug and some reassurance that I'm not a bloody lunatic and it will be ok!
I really don't do things by halves!

Runner05 Wed 11-Nov-15 15:46:55

That does sound a little quick. Perhaps you need some time to think about it, you don't want to rush into things and then resent that choice later but bare in mind that just because you found it hard last time doesn't mean you'll struggle this time. You now know what you're getting yourself into and are better prepared to deal with it.

Good Luck!

Sheep2345 Wed 11-Nov-15 15:59:38

Thanks Runner.
I've always been like this, I'm stubborn and I'm 0% or 100%.
I suppose it's always been in my mind about a second but the thought of starting again seems so hard. Now DD is an absolute gem and I have so much fun with her, I'm thinking short term pain for long term gain!!

SocksRock Wed 11-Nov-15 16:16:59

I was pregnant two weeks after having my coil out. Just saying...

Sheep2345 Wed 11-Nov-15 17:00:53

Same for me first time round!
Mine was copper so no hormones.
Eeeek!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now