Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

needing advice

(10 Posts)
Weddingbelle13 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:11:37

Hi all , i posted a thread recently about OPKs I really thought I was pregnant but I got AF so I was out.

However, I am looking for advice on ovulation. Last cycle I got positive opks when I would have expected them i have a 33 day cycle so for me it's around cd18 but at the tail end of last cycle I got a positive opk for 10 days straight, I was surprised when I got a bfn and then AF as I just took this to be be a LH surge associated with early pregnancy.

So I decided this month to use an opk every day this cycle until af or BFP to understand my cycle better - I have attached a picture of my opks at cd6, 7 and 8 (today) today's one looks a strong positive to me?

Why would this be happening could I be ovulating twice / three times in a month?

I'm 33 never had any kids been ttc for 2 years had one pregnancy but it only lasted till 5 weeks.

Thank you in advance - ive attached pic of opks x

mascaraisamust Mon 09-Nov-15 20:15:00

Do another today. Today's looks nearly there! You might just ovulate much earlier than you thought!

mascaraisamust Mon 09-Nov-15 20:16:17

Also have you had other tests done as PCOS can give false positives I think

Weddingbelle13 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:17:19

I just did the one with 8 on it at 6.30/7pm im really confused why I would ov on cd8 of a 33 day cycle ? Im could that be the case ? X

Weddingbelle13 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:18:08

Yeah pcos was ruled out with other boss and scans 8/9 months ago x

mascaraisamust Mon 09-Nov-15 20:21:15

Our bodies do strange things! That's why eod is recommended. I'd dtd and keep testing this month to see if you get another surge. Heard of people having an early aurge and then an actual real surge mid cycle x

Weddingbelle13 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:27:21

We decided that this month we are going to DTS every other day which started on Saturday cd6 so fingers crossed this is our month really wasn't a bfp for Christmas x

mascaraisamust Mon 09-Nov-15 20:28:51

Fingers crossed. I think everyone on here is hoping the same!

MagpieCursedTea Mon 09-Nov-15 20:48:44

Do you chart your temps as well? An LH surge doesn't guarantee ovulation. Your body might be gearing up to ovulate but not releasing an egg. The best way to know if you've ovulated (other than blood tests and scans) is to chart your bbt.

Weddingbelle13 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:50:56

No ive never charted x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: