Talk

Advanced search

Some advice please xx

(13 Posts)
meg180611 Wed 04-Nov-15 10:53:19

Hiya,

TTC baby number 1. Only came off Nexplanon last Wednesday. DTD every day since. According to ov calcs, i have been ov since last Thursday until today or tomorrow...

Yesterday and this morning had this gooey brownish sticky discharge that i've never had before, sorry tmi. I don't know what to categorise it as and getting my hopes up that its early implantation signs...has anyone ever had this before? I know its early but i'm really excited. I have been having cramps and was dizzy yesterday, but that could be because of flying to London and back in same day.

Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated!

Thanks x

Kaytee1987 Wed 04-Nov-15 12:19:14

Hi there
How are you doing your ovulation calculations? You can't ovulate for a few days that's why I ask. Once your egg is released its only alive for 24 hours so sperm has to be ready waiting for it. It's probably unlikely that you would have ovulated and become pregnant within a week - it takes around 6 days after ovulation for your egg to implant after its released. The only way to know is to wait a few weeks and do a test. Keep trying though x

Kaytee1987 Wed 04-Nov-15 12:21:58

Also have you had a withdrawal bleed since coming off bc? The brownish discharge might be the start of that x

meg180611 Wed 04-Nov-15 12:55:14

Hi Kaytee1987

I'm using a few different apps...Ovia, Clue and Glow. All have the same sort of dates given after i entered dates of my last period etc. No not had a withdrawal bleed yet, I think I am just getting my hopes up. See that way when you want it so much you are scraping together any sort of signs or symptoms that you can! xx

Junosmum Wed 04-Nov-15 13:25:52

If you've only just come of contraception then the apps won't be accurate re ovulation dates as your last period wasn't a 'real' period. You'll likely have a withdrawal bleed, which will be your first proper period and then calculate ovulation from then. You could ovulate between coming off and the withdrawal bleed but this is quite unlikely.

Junosmum Wed 04-Nov-15 13:26:19

Have you been tracking cm?

Kaytee1987 Wed 04-Nov-15 13:33:41

As junosmum said the apps won't be accurate just now and may not ever be accurate as every woman is different and has different luteal phase lengths. I know what you mean, my dh and I are ttc #1 I'm on cycle 3 and really thought I was pg on cycle 1. Our minds play tricks on us. I wouldn't rely on the calendar method (apps) for ovulation date, I would check cervical mucus (raw egg white type stuff is a good sign of ovulation), or use ovulation testing kits. Even using these methods it's best to have sex every 2 or 3 days the whole month xxx

MummyBex1985 Wed 04-Nov-15 13:42:43

Just to reiterate that the apps won't give you an indication of OV so quickly after stopping BC. It took four months for my cycle to settle into a pattern after having my implant removed. I would suggest starting tracking after your first proper cycle.

Junosmum Wed 04-Nov-15 15:13:20

I will say that my cycle came back immediately after stopping the pill, and I ovulated the first month based on cm. I got pregnant the second month, so it isn't all doom and gloom!

meg180611 Wed 04-Nov-15 15:23:13

Hi all,

Thank you for all the advice really appreciate it. I suppose i'll wait till my next period then until i properly start trying to track it. My periods on implant were so irregular anyways so looking forward to having a couple of months of feeling normal.

Junosmum thats great! I do hope my circumstance is the same as yours. I've got the attitude -want it all, want it now- total brat i know but hey it cant be helped lol

Xx

meg180611 Wed 04-Nov-15 15:27:16

Tracking cm - kind of but not religisloey, in a sense u just want to let it all be - then on the other hand i want to methodcally plan everything grinshockim annoying myself with it can only imagine how oh feels xx

meg180611 Wed 04-Nov-15 15:27:51

Sorry bout typos - not drunk, promise!

Junosmum Wed 04-Nov-15 17:39:58

Do track your cm. Much more accurate than counting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now