Talk

Advanced search

No cervical mucus

(23 Posts)
poppingcandy89 Mon 02-Nov-15 17:21:57

Posted yesterday after finally getting a positive ovulation test on day 18. However I have had no fertile mucus, just the 'typical' small amount of CM that I get throughout the month. After googling it's saying this can make it difficult to conceive. Do you always notice CM when you ovulate?

MummyBex1985 Mon 02-Nov-15 18:15:31

According to my OPK I did OV this month but I have no CM either!

Apparently pre seed helps for women without CM so I've ordered some to try next month. Or if I do get PG by some miracle without it I'll let you know lol.

poppingcandy89 Mon 02-Nov-15 19:24:25

Oh yes please do! How long have you been trying for?

quitecrunchy Mon 02-Nov-15 20:16:19

I'm the same, EWCM eluding me so far. I ordered some evening primrose oil yesterday so hoping that might help. Also going to try drinking more water this cycle.

star1980 Tue 03-Nov-15 13:32:24

Hey, I'm the same. I ovulate but no cervical mucous to speak of. I tried evening primrose oil (2000mg/day) last cycle but no improvement. This cycle (CD7 currently) I've upped it to 3000mg/day and have ordered preseed after advice on here. Desperately trying to drink 2L water per day as that also helps but I find it hard! Good luck to you!

Vap0 Tue 03-Nov-15 22:30:33

Hi
I asked my dr (at the fertility hospital) about the lack of cm as we are struggling to conceive and he said it isn't needed for conception. I think he is full of sh*t but he is the only medical person who has given me their opinion on it either way so thought I'd share.
Best of luck to you.

quitecrunchy Wed 04-Nov-15 21:10:18

That's interesting to hear Vap0. It's so difficult to know what you should actually be concerned about (or not) with Dr Google at your fingertips isn't it? And if something only has a marginal effect then maybe the docs don't really consider it too much, but when you're on the other side the smallest increase in the probability of getting pg still sounds worthwhile!

star bummer about the EPO not making a difference so far. Is it ok to take in larger doses then? Are you just taking it up until ovulation? Best of luck with the preseed too.

star1980 Sat 07-Nov-15 02:51:04

Hey quitecrunchy, I read somewhere online that you should take 2000-3000mg of EPO spread throughout the day to help with CM. So I figured I'd start with 2000 and up it if it didn't work. Yes, I take it up to ovulation only which I confirm through temping. Cycle day 11 right now so I I'm coming up to my fertile window (which is proving not to be very fertile at all!) so hopefully I'll see something soon. I've been drinking 3L water a day too, but I'm on holiday in over 30 deg heat so not sure that counts.

I agree that the effect of CM is probably minimal but I've been trying almost a year now so I'll take even a miniscule improvement to my chances.

quitecrunchy Sat 07-Nov-15 09:07:15

Hi star, ah that makes sense - hope that you get a result with the 3000 mg! Good on you for getting all that water in too, I find it quite difficult to drink lots of it. I drink (decaf) tea like it's going out of fashion so feel like I already get lots of fluid, water on top seems like I'm just bagging myself up but I know I need it for max hydration.

I've a full on cold at the mo, apparently I have no problem producing copious amounts of mucus in the top half of my body! hmm

MummyBex1985 Sat 07-Nov-15 15:42:48

Sorry for the late reply, six months for us so far! So not a great deal of time in the grand scheme of things but feels like bloody forever lol.

MummyBex1985 Sat 07-Nov-15 15:44:00

Incidentally I take vitamins and drink at least 2-3l of fluid a day and it's made no difference whatsoever!

beckslovestimmy Sat 07-Nov-15 20:03:17

We went through fertility investigations before having DD as it took us 2 years to conceive. I had a post coital tests that showed very thick CM at ovulation. I was prescribed oestrogen to help improve my CM. As it was we got our BFP that month and didn't need it but our fertility clinic certainly thought amount and consistency of CM was important.

Vap0 Sun 08-Nov-15 01:32:49

besks I'm so pleased you have said that it is important. I have no trust or faith in my dr what so ever. I hate him if truth be told. All I'm ever told is , "you're fine I'll see you in 6-9 months" or "your hycosy is fine, come back in 6 months if you're not pregnant already which I expect you will be" (2014 quote). You're semen analysis is fine, I won't tell you the results but it's fine....
BASTARDS!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucked off with 27 months (and counting) of infertility sad

beckslovestimmy Sun 08-Nov-15 08:48:34

Vap are you private or nhs? Can you change consultant? It's so frustrating isn't it! You need to feel that your Dr is on your side.

star1980 Tue 17-Nov-15 10:17:21

Hi folks, just wanted to update. For the first time ever I spotted ewcm on CD14. Just one day of it and I'd been taking 3000mg evening primrose oil and drinking 3L water daily. We'll see if it makes any difference and whether I take my first ever pregnancy test this cycle after a year of trying.

Vap0 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:17:38

Hello!

Today I had a B F P grin

God, I hope this one sticks!

So excited but terrified!

I saw the dr today and the blood test I had which checks progesterone levels (day 21 blood test) came back as 27.1, they say that to confirm ovulation they need to have a level of 30. I've always known my hormones weren't strong enough. Although I'm pleased still though as we clearly did ovulate as we have this BFP!

Best of luck ladies!

3 weeks 3 days pregnant! 10dpo

SeriousStuff Wed 18-Nov-15 00:08:29

Huge congrats Vap0!!

star1980 Wed 18-Nov-15 06:56:51

Oh wow, congratulations! After everything you've been through - that is such good news. Gives us all hope. Best wishes for an uneventful 9 months vap0!

Gingerlady123 Wed 18-Nov-15 11:33:11

Try not to worry about lack of mucus.
I am 22+4 today and during my ttc months I never saw any ewcm or watery mucus despite checking every day and internally to. I also never got a pos opk.
Try to relax a bit every women is different.
Congrats on the bfp!!

MummyBex1985 Thu 19-Nov-15 08:24:25

Ginger that's really reassuring!

And congrats vap grin

quitecrunchy Fri 20-Nov-15 01:39:06

Vap0 that's fantastic news - massive congratulations! Got my fingers and toes crossed for you that all goes well thanks

And star that sounds promising, best of luck!

Vap0 Fri 20-Nov-15 08:56:31

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies!
Still overly excited!
P.s. On the cm front, i did have a lot this month. Not sure if it is related and of course my dr said it isn't but I can't help but think it is.

SeriousStuff Fri 20-Nov-15 23:31:26

Doctor shmoctor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now