Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ttc for 18 months, four days late on period and have faint line on test

(25 Posts)
Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:37:00

Hi I am really new to this website and posting on the forum. Over the course of the last year I have been reading older posts and have found great comfort in them but unfortunately I am now at point where I am feeling so out of my depth ttc it's really getting me down.
For the past 18 months we have been actively trying to conceive but every month af shows her face some months on time some months before my 28 day cycle however this month been little different I have been very nauseated can't eat certain foods certain smells my favourite perfumes I don't like anymore my breasts feel really tingly and heavy. I was due for af on Wednesday last week but no sign of her and in my sheer joy have taken several tests the first ones came back negative but the last two yesterday and today have a faint line on them? Not sure what to think anymore also feel a bit wet down there but when I wipe there's nothing there sometimes maybe a little cm sorry tmi. Can anyone advise or offer me Any Ray of hope so desperate to be a mom. And my dh so desperate to be a dad I feel so down breaking his heart month after month please help.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 01-Nov-15 12:39:16

A line is a line, congratulations!

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Nov-15 12:42:40

If you've got a positive pregnancy test and your period is 4 days late I'm saying you're pregnant!

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:49:37

I want to feel happy but the line is soo faint I will go out tomorrow and buy a digital one but has anyone use the cheaper brands and had a very faint line one the test?

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:49:57

But thank u for ur kind replies it means so much to me

wantingno2 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:52:41

Do not buy a digital one yet there not as sensative to the hormone get a first response or superdrug own brand there the best but if you can see a line ur most definitely pregnant post a picture of the test x

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 01-Nov-15 12:53:11

Faint lines are common. My understanding is that a line can only appear if you have the pregnancy hormone in your system and that only happens if you're pregnant.
Let us know how you get on with the digital test.

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Nov-15 12:54:38

It doesn't matter how faint the line is - it doesn't make any difference. The line only appears with hgc hormone and that only appears in women if you're pregnant.

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:56:32

I have added a picture of the test yesterday I didn't take a picture of today's test but it was slightly darker than the one yesterdAy sorry for asking so much. Thank u for ur replies

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Nov-15 13:01:44

Definitely pregnant! grin now sit back, relax and keep smiling to yourself! Congratulations flowers

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 01-Nov-15 13:06:46

That's not even that faint compared to some you see on here!

BrienneofQarth Sun 01-Nov-15 13:09:45

My faint line is running around in her tutu eating Halloween chocolate, and my second faint line is currently 27 weeks gestation. Mine were both lighter than that! Congratulations!

Notimefortossers Sun 01-Nov-15 13:12:22

Congratulations! x

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 13:13:29

Omg really thank u so much for ur replies I was so scared u were all going to say u can't see anything u have honestly made my day thank u brienneofqarth congratulations to u I'm so glad I posted on here thank u and good luck to everyone else whose trying will post again once I have a darker line or a positive test thank u once again

MummySparkle Sun 01-Nov-15 13:16:26

My feint lines are both at their cousins birthday party today, and they were both far far paler than yours! Congratulations! flowers

Bishboshbash Sun 01-Nov-15 13:18:52

Definitely a line, congratulations!

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 13:27:32

Thank u I had some of the symptoms but just wasn't sure but thank u for being so optimistic honestly it's made feel so much better

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Nov-15 14:08:36

Just be aware that you might not get a darker line - that's not how pregnancy tests work! It doesn't mean you're not pregnant though. Do a digital test so you can see it in words and then step away from tests! You know the result and you will (literally) be pissing away money that you can use for your baby.

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 14:39:54

Oh ok sorry this is my first pregnancy so not sure what to think I thought it might have got darker with time but ur right I have spent a fortune on tests thank u for ur advice

GuzzleBloodTastyDrink Sun 01-Nov-15 14:45:13

My faint line is kicking me gently in the leg smile congratulations!

Mar19901 Sun 01-Nov-15 14:57:48

Ah xx thank u

Mar19901 Mon 02-Nov-15 08:35:39

Just wanted to update u all. I took a digital test today and thankfully it came out positive. We are both so over the moon happy thank u to all of those who replied yesterday for ur kind words. Good luck to those who are still trying I hope and pray we all have bfp soon x

GuzzleBloodTastyDrink Mon 02-Nov-15 09:29:27

Very happy for you! Enjoy the crazy journey you've embarked upon!

PunkrockerGirl Mon 02-Nov-15 09:32:32

Lovely news, congratulations flowers
My faint lines will be 24 and 20 later this month wink

Mar19901 Mon 02-Nov-15 10:05:05

Ah xx thank u x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now