Talk

Advanced search

10 months in...

(7 Posts)
AllChangeLife Fri 30-Oct-15 19:23:48

Hi,

I have DS - nearly 3 and we have been trying for DC2 since January. I caught with DS first try - so am a bit disheartened that it has taken so long without getting pregnant, despite knowing, of course, that it was likely to be longer than last time.

Happened to speak to the Dr and she didn't say much beyond - come back in the NY when it has been over 1year - which I sort of knew anyway.

I've been working out roughly when i should be ovulating, but generally DTD most of the cycle every other day.

It is getting to me today - we were slower to try for number 2 because of work reasons (DH) so was a bit of a shock to the system when it didn't happen soon.

I've not been doing anything more complicated (ovulation sticks, or anything else) and just wanted some advice/guidance on what I can do next?

I guess I'm just feeling a bit down and could do with something proactive to do.. and a bit of a lift...

Thanks

Pumkins2mum Fri 30-Oct-15 19:37:13

Hi Allchange

I would suggest you start with the ovulation tests and also the BBT charting just to give you a better idea as to when your ovulating. It's very dis heartening, we got pregnant with our first two first month of trying but we have been trying for number 3 for the last 4 month (not as long as you) but it has been a total shock after it being very easy before. Don't get down (easier said then done I know!) sending you lots of postive thoughts, good luck.x

AllChangeLife Fri 30-Oct-15 19:45:25

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

I have no clue what BBT charting is... smile Can you shed any light?

I bought ovulation sticks but haven't yet used them.

I ventured into googling about the topic and was hit with a wall of terminology which normally I could get through, but I struggled because it seemed to make it more real that it is not happening for us yet... If that makes any sense...

Pumkins2mum Fri 30-Oct-15 19:57:09

Too be honest I'm no expert on BBT either, although I have been doing it for the last 9 months ( thought'd I get a head start before we starting TTC) it's taking you temp with a digital thermometer same time everyday around the time of ovulation you should see a sight dip before ovulation followed by a rise after ovulation. You need to track it for a couple of months so that you can see a pattern. Think thats right others my have a better opion then me!!! Hope that helps it means you can cover all basis!!

justtheonethen Fri 30-Oct-15 20:30:24

Come and join the just shaggers if you need someone to chat to. That thread has saved my sanity!

If you're going to track bbt you should get fertility friend to chart it, the app is great. Make sure to take temp first thing, before you talk or move.

I use ovulation tests, I like the certainty of well timed dtd. I track bbt some months but often can't be bothered.

Good luck smile

AllChangeLife Sat 31-Oct-15 11:09:54

I may well do - i'll spend some time trying to read back to catch up with the thread a bit. (mind you it is quite a few threads!)

thanks

justtheonethen Sat 31-Oct-15 14:22:40

Ah don't worry about catching up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now