Talk

Advanced search

Opk idiot, help me

(5 Posts)
LilyWhite2 Thu 29-Oct-15 12:33:16

As title reads really, quick summary

Cycles range from 32 to 38 days, need to do this to get my 21 day test done so temping too. CD12 right now with cheapy (have clearblues) and it comes up with a faint negative.

I am no where near Oving given my cycle length but doesn't this mean it gets progressively darker? Or can it just do this my whole cycle until I get a positive? (I've out of curiosity done one 5 days before AF before and had the same).

Sorry this is all new to me! Thank you x

mascaraisamust Thu 29-Oct-15 13:06:53

Usually it will get progressively darker on the cheapies. For example, it can be nearly as dark as the control and then dark as the control a few hours later if you get close to your surge, hence why many do two cheapie opks in a day as they don't want to miss the surge. I've given up on cheapies this cycle and done CB.

mascaraisamust Thu 29-Oct-15 13:09:51

And having hardly no line and then one appearing is normal too. Just remember cheapies need to be done in the evenings and when you do a positive it means you are due to ovulate no that you are (it could be up to two days later)!

Rememberallball Thu 29-Oct-15 14:32:20

It is possible to have small amounts of LH in your system throughout your cycle but insufficient to trigger ovulation which is why opk's are only positive once the test line is as dark as, if not darker than, the control line.

LilyWhite2 Thu 29-Oct-15 14:59:53

Thanks both you have answered my question, thought that might be what it was Remember.

I started early this month just incase I was Oving earlier and been holding wee in longer so that's probably it then.

I'll keep in mind the cheapy thing mascara, I was thinking of doing two a day until I suspected ovulation was coming and then the clear blues 5 days before x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now