Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Where to from here - Any advice

(6 Posts)
AlwaysHope1 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:09:52

Hi Mn,

DH and I have been trying to conceive for around 1.5 years now.
(Dh -33, Me -32). After nothing happening and becoming concerned, we decided to have our fertility checked out.
We have done so through a private, very reputable Clinic in August of this year. However we left feeling none the wiser about our situation and what to do.

Dh tests all came out very good. I have done all the standard ones (AMH, Fsh, T4, etc) excluding any checks for tube blockages. At our consult the doctor told us both sets of results are fine, so they have concluded it as 'Unexplained' and we were sent off to try for a few more months.

Upon leaving the consult, the doctor who performed my Dh sperm Analysis had a look at our file and suggested a Dye test?
He told me to go to my GP and just ask for it, I'm pretty sure this is not how it works confused . Anyway, we were quite upset at how unprofessional and dismissive all the doctors were (kept referring to our age) we left it at that as we were quite overwhelmed with all the tests.

We tried for another 2 months, and nothing sad. We are ready to start again with another Clinic, and still trying to find out a few good ones.
As this was our first experience and we were left pretty much unguided throughout, I'm not sure what to expect from the next Clinic. I'm sorry if this sounds unclear, just feeling a bit lost.

AnotherEmma Wed 28-Oct-15 17:11:32

Why aren't you going to your GP? I don't get it?

AlwaysHope1 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:13:37

Emma im not sure what you mean. We went straight to the Private Clinic as we didn't want to wait.

AnotherEmma Wed 28-Oct-15 17:18:28

Well, the private doctor told you to go to your GP. You weren't happy with the private clinic anyway. So go to your GP!

MummyBex1985 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:42:56

Are there any lifestyle issues that could be affecting your fertility? Weight, smoking, drinking, caffeine, poor diet, etc?

CarShare Wed 28-Oct-15 19:14:00

Since you've been TTC for over a year the gp should offer immediate investigation/referral and you may at least get the dye test sorted to give you more information about your fertilirty. As mummy says- might be worth looking at lifestyle too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: