Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

is this positive ?

(11 Posts)
Weddingbelle13 Wed 28-Oct-15 13:52:10

Hi all - but of background been ttc for 18 months - I got a bfp in June but when I went for a scan in July the sack was empty and I had started bleeding. Anyway I have a 33 day cycle and use opks every month, I normall get a faint positive one day string the next then faint again but this time I got a positive on cd 18 I am now on cd29 and they are still strong - can you give me your opinions on whether you agree these are still positive ? I have done a frer yesterday and it was BFN - this is today's opk on cd29 period is due on Saturday x

MummyBex1985 Wed 28-Oct-15 14:59:29

They do look like positive tests to me... Maybe if you do another FRER on Saturday you might get a BFP?

MummyBex1985 Wed 28-Oct-15 15:00:23

5 days before AF due would be very early so not unusual for a BFN to show up if you're PG - the accuracy at 5 days out is about 50% I believe.

StrawberryTeaLeaf Wed 28-Oct-15 15:02:12

Yes, I can see it. Agree retest on Sat to be sure.

Fingers crossed smile flowers

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 28-Oct-15 15:06:45

That is definitely a positive test !!

Congratulations flowers

Junosmum Wed 28-Oct-15 16:19:18

That definitely looks positive to be, but if its an opk, is it possible you've ovulated a second time? Use fmu with smothered frer and see what that says!

Weddingbelle13 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:23:09

Hi all in trying not to get my hopes up but ive never had this with opks before , it's been like this it dark for 11 consecutive days but I did read somewhere about the LH staying high if pregnancy has occurred - I'm dying to know if I am preg asap as I have to start using progesterone pessaries as soon as I get a positive due to an underlying low progesterone level - I'm not sure about the second ovulation thing as its remained constant the whole time ? Argggg so confused x

MummyBex1985 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:45:04

It's absolutely possible that an OPK can remain positive if you're PG, but it doesn't always mean that's the case. As above though, I'd take it as a good sign and get a PG test for Saturday.

MummyBex1985 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:45:35

actually who am I kidding, just POAS daily until you get a BFP or AF shows up

Weddingbelle13 Wed 28-Oct-15 18:22:25

Pmsl poas is a tad additive especially when I have internet cheapies it's like why not lol grinI really hope this is a good sign and I get my BFP in time for Christmas x

Weddingbelle13 Thu 29-Oct-15 20:26:39

Still a bfn this morning on preg test still got everything crossed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now