Talk

Advanced search

Hello!

(2 Posts)
poppingcandy89 Wed 28-Oct-15 12:45:35

First month of officially ttc, although I haven't been on contraception for a year now. Partner works away which means we only get time together on weekends, so first question is should I be worried that after a year of 'seeing what happens' I'm not pregnant considering we've only got down to it at weekends? I have a child from a previous rship, as does partner, yet I'm still convincing myself I have a fertility issue!

Partner has had some time off this week, last period was 16th September, so ovulation calculator says this is my fertile week. Have been testing for ovulation since Monday but all negative. Today he was called in to work until Friday, we had sex last night but this mornings ovulation test still negative. Feeling rotten now we won't get the chance to try until Friday. Do you think we'll miss our window?

Peyia Wed 28-Oct-15 22:29:56

Sorry sweetie I don't know but didn't want to read and run. Sperm can survive for several days but nothings guaranteed. The timing is crucial but I guess we have to remember to not make it a chore and just enjoy dtd. A lot easier said than done, I know!

Perhaps you could get advice from your gp if you have not been using protection for a year?

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now