Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy confused

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MfanC1 Wed 28-Oct-15 12:08:18

Hi all,
Me and partner have been having unprotected sex for a year now and a few months ago I though I was pregnant because I missed my period. So i went to the doctor for them to do tests and I found out I have ovarian cysts and also a large cyst on my left hand side, the gp told me that it wouldn't stop my chances of conceiving. So last week I thought I was pregnant after getting all the signs and symptoms and even my period was 6 days late, but yesterday it came, and now iv got bad cramping on my right side only. My period only shows a little except for when I wipe and it's bright red. I'm so confused, I did a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it came back negative. Has anyone else experienced this?

ShowOfBloodyStumps Wed 28-Oct-15 12:12:08

You might be better off posting in the conception topic although if you report this thread, MNHQ will move it for you. That way you'll get more traffic.

What exactly happened with the cysts? What sort of cysts are they? Who gave you the diagnosis?

As for what's happening right now, it could be any number of things including an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy, a late period, a burst cyst and various other things.

I think if you've been trying for a year with no success and you're experiencing strange cycles, pain etc, you should return to your GP and ask for further investigation.

Did they check you were ovulating when they confirmed the cysts?

MfanC1 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:43:00

I'm new to this so I didn't really explore where to post before explorer further. Thank you though.
I went for an internal exam at the hospital, and also blood checks to check my hormone levels, a week later they told me my hormone levels were fine but that I had ovarian cysts. Tbh she didn't really seem to know anything, she told me I had to have another internal exam, in which I told her I already had.

I experienced things with my body that iv never experienced before and so I thought I was pregnant, but when taking the test it was negative, but throughout yesterday and today iv had cramps on only my right hand side and bleeding.
I'm good with pain threshold but this is painful.

They didn't tell me if I was ovulating but that it wasn't impossible for me to fall pregnant, just alot harder because of the cysts.

CountBeculaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Oct-15 17:01:16

Hi MfanC1 - we'll move this over to Conception for you now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now