Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC when DH works away - any tips?

(2 Posts)
AlexandraOrlov Tue 27-Oct-15 12:19:01

In the unfortunate position that now we're nearly ready to try, DH is likely to be only home at weekends for the first half of next year. Suffice to say the plan would be to get on it as early as possible on the Friday and as late as possible on the Sunday to cover as much of the week as possible, but are there any other tips I've missed. It might take a few months of no success before I could convince him of anything involving a jar...

I think opks might drive me mad if I got a positive midweek. I'm assuming that statistically this may take us longer than average to conceive.

Junosmum Tue 27-Oct-15 15:03:22

I think just don't get too get up about it. We got on with it once on a Friday evening, I didn't ovulate until the Monday but bang, pregnant. So as long as your getting plenty at the weekends you should be ok. Don't rely too heavily on opks, I found counting my cycle and cervical mucus much much more reliable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now