Talk

Advanced search

The November Bus: Bonfires and BFP'S!

(613 Posts)
Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:30:48

Thought I'd start a November thread for those of us left over from the October thread. (I hope this is ok and I'm not bypassing some sort of forum etiquette).

Here are my stats:
Loki
ttc #2
Cycle 2
CD 14
ETD 6th November

wantingno2 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:47:16

So I'm hopping off the October bus on to this one.

my stats.

wanting
ttc#2
cycle 3
cd 10
etd 10th November

lilygirl81 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:55:10

I'm here too...

Lilygirl
ttc#1
cycle 4
cd 3
etd 21st November

Runner05 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:59:00

Can I join too? Technically not trying until Dec but coming off the pill now and seeing what happends.

Runner
Ttc #1
Cycle 1
Etd 22 Nov

(What is cd? confused)

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:00:56

The current day of your cycle = cd. The first day of your period is cycle day 1. let's hope this thread is as lucky as the last one!

NellyBluth Fri 23-Oct-15 11:05:41

I'm coming off the October bus too, thanks loki!

TTC#2
Cycle 1
Etd... I'm booked into a spa on 5th November so going to try and hold off until after then? (Is it bad I'm planning on going to the spa whatever?!) But first cycle off the Pill so have no idea what's going to happen.

Robbins81 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:11:26

Me too smile

Robbins
TTC #4
cycle 4
Cd 20
Etd 6th November

LondonGirl83 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:15:47

Hi guys-- I'm joining the November bus as unfortunately I miscarried a couple of weeks ago sad

I think I ovulated on the 18th so testing November 4th (want to be a few days late before testing)!

London
TTC #1
Cycle 1 post MC / cycle 3 in total

Thurlow Fri 23-Oct-15 11:18:57

Argh - forgot I name changed, so I'm not Nelly, I'm Thurlow blush

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:27:16

Sorry about your mc, London. Hope this thread is lucky for you. flowers
Thurlow, you shouldn't feel bad about the spa at all. Enjoy it! So many unplanned pregnancies happen all of the time when the mothers to be just go about living their lives. My friend went on a boozy hen week to magaluf during what would have been the 2nd week of her 2ww. She only realised she was pregnant when she didn't start to feel better after stopping drinking. She felt so guilty but the midwife assured her that all would be fine and it was. ttc is hard enough as it is, you have to enjoy life while you wait!

wantingno2 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:28:05

What do you think girls I'm on cd 10 and this is my opk ?? we dtd this morning anyway is it even possible to ovulate so early??.

LondonGirl83 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:30:31

I've only used digital OPKs but it is 100% possible to ovulate that early. You can ovulate even earlier than cd10 (I have).

wantingno2 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:32:41

Thanks London we were going to dtd everyday but then my friend said the sperm needs time to replenish do once every other day is better is this true??

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:35:45

I'd test again and see if it gets darker. When I used them they faded in and then out. I drink a lot of water so they never got as dark as the control line. Keep bding!

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:39:35

We are bding every day too. That's how I got dd so I'm sticking to what works. DH, being the geek that he is, calculated that bding every day from cd 11 - 20 would mean at least 10 million of his swimmers would be in the race. They've only got to find one egg! What is taking them so long?! grin

lilygirl81 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:39:50

Hi wanting that looks like a negative OPK to me, I only found out last month that the line has to be as dark or darker than the control to be considered positive. It's definitely possible to ovulate early though, so no harm dtd anyway.

I heard that in most cases, every day is fine, though if your other half has sperm quantity or quality issues, then they suggest EOD to allow it to build up.

London I'm going through a mc just now, so know how you feel flowers

Robbins81 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:42:13

Wanting.... as loki said test again abit later.... These are my 2 from today.The blue one was at 7am and the green one at 11am which is positive hope that helps smile

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:45:01

I just squealed with glee because I have ewcm. I'm losing the plot! DH is not going out tonight before we have dtd!

LondonGirl83 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:45:58

Wanting I've read that a few places as well. It's always a trade off between quantity and quality! The quantity of sperm when you BD every day is lower but the quality is better as they don't accumulate as much damage in the testes waiting around. However, if you leave it too long (like a week) the volume is very high but the quality is much worse. For a couple without any specific fertility issues I'd imagine it doesn't matter much.

Lilygirl81 sorry that you are going through it. flowers

lilygirl81 Fri 23-Oct-15 12:17:51

Robbins WooHoo!!

Loki I know that feeling with EWCM, I annoyingly always get it mid afternoon when stuck at work.

MrsNuckyT Fri 23-Oct-15 12:31:22

MrsNuckyT
Age 36
TTC#2
Cycle 7
Etd:14/11

Not sure how anyone can be bothered DTD EVERY day!! Or at least I only do that after 3/4 days of 'high' readings and definitely on 'peak' days!

Any good tips for getting in the mood after a long day and when you know you have to be up at 6-ish for a toddler?!

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 12:37:41

I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm not really in the mood. I just push all of dh's buttons to ensure he is. Once he has made his deposit, I'm all about rolling over and going to sleep!

Thurlow Fri 23-Oct-15 12:43:53

What's ewcm? blush

wantingno2 Fri 23-Oct-15 13:02:51

Hahaha loki I'm the same hurry up do I can go to sleep I don't have a high sex drive so I'm never in the mood just force myself to dtd lol

Loki17 Fri 23-Oct-15 13:07:01

Egg White Clear Mucus - your mucus becomes clear and stringy when you are about to ovulate. It is a good indication that you are fertile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now