Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Feeling Frustrated

(13 Posts)
AKP79 Thu 22-Oct-15 16:24:57

Been TTC second child for a while now with no luck. My periods are like clockwork, so tracking our window of opportunity has been fairly straight forward.

This month my period is late by a few days, so I have bought a clear blue testing kit, waiting anxiously, only to be told - Not Pregnant...

Nothing really to ask, just so incredibly frustrated and needed to get it off my chest! sad

wantingno2 Thu 22-Oct-15 16:27:52

You would be better off with a first response test or superdrug own brand clearblue are not very sensative at all clearblue is 25mlu first response is 12.5mlu and superdrug own brand is 10mIU don't give up hope yet clearblue is crap.

AKP79 Thu 22-Oct-15 16:31:56

Oh really? Even the digital one? I assumed because it was pricey it would be the most accurate... just goes to show!

wantingno2 Thu 22-Oct-15 16:35:26

There seriously crap the cheaper ones are usually always the most sensative first response are about £10 for a 2 pack and superdrug are about £5 for a 2 pack of u can ordered some Internet cheapies off amazon there really sensative to and it's about £5 for 20. good luck let us no how you get on.

AKP79 Thu 22-Oct-15 17:20:32

Picked up a first response on the way home... Negative sad Oh well...

wantingno2 Thu 22-Oct-15 17:33:23

ur better off using ur first wee in the morning as it will be to diluted during the day.

AKP79 Thu 22-Oct-15 18:14:11

Ok I'll try again tomorrow if I don't come on my period overnight... By the way First Response are doing 3 tests for the price of 2 if your interested? Thank you for your support... X

wantingno2 Thu 22-Oct-15 18:27:46

Where is that I just bloody bought a 2 pack today aswell I've just finished period so new test day is 10th November good luck.

AKP79 Thu 22-Oct-15 18:48:49

Oh no, it was in Boots... Well hopefully you won't need any more anyway!

wantingno2 Thu 22-Oct-15 19:04:37

I got mine from boots didn't see that offer this is my third month ttcsecond child also hopefully this will be the month let me no how you get on in the morning. good luck.

AKP79 Fri 23-Oct-15 15:58:40

Did the test first thing this morning - still negative, but also still no period.. So frustrating!

wantingno2 Fri 23-Oct-15 17:00:33

leave it a few days if still no period test again sometimes hcg levels arnt high enough due to late implantation.

AKP79 Tue 10-Nov-15 10:25:13

Hi Wantingno2... my period arrived late in the end... just wondering how you got on? You were due to test today. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: