Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Opk's - positives on different days!!

(8 Posts)
littlek86 Sun 18-Oct-15 15:34:03

Hey all,

I wondered if I could get a few opinions about this....

So we conceived last month, unfortunately miscarried at 5+5....anyhow....cracking on again this month. Last month I happened to use one opk strip and got a positive on day 21 so we had already had plenty of sex around what I thought was the correct time, and just continued a bit longer, and it obviously worked.

So this month I have just been using opk strips most days since day 10 and I have had a feint positive on cycle days 12,15 and 17....obviously still been covering our bases and been getting down to it plenty. Especially as last month was day 21 that gave me a positive.

Anyone else had this? Worth mentioning I have PCO also...NOT PCOS.... On my follicle scan I had in August I had 19 on each side....

Any thoughts or similar experiences would be most appreciated! Xxx

Sanch1 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:27:47

If they are feint then they aren't positive, you have a back ground amount of LH at all times, it just peaks for ovulation. To be positive the test line needs to be as dark or darker than the control.

littlek86 Tue 20-Oct-15 07:47:16

Well I thought that but last month my test was not as dark as the control and we conceived, I'm a bit mistified!

Sanch1 Tue 20-Oct-15 22:31:52

The surge could be on its way up or down. I used to do another one in a few hours if it was darkish but not quite dark enough, to see if it got darker.

littlek86 Wed 21-Oct-15 07:15:40

ive only been doing them every day or sometimes every 12 hours maybe...so might of missed the very strongest surge...thanks for your help smile definitely getting negatives now so I think I'm out the fertile window!

60sname Wed 21-Oct-15 07:57:54

I also charted cm, but my faint positive opk is currently sleeping in his Moses basket. I never got a line darker than the control.

60sname Wed 21-Oct-15 07:59:22

*darker or as dark as

littlek86 Wed 21-Oct-15 08:09:43

Thanks for your comments....it does make you wonder...we have given it our very best shot all around this time anyway so crossing our fingers...I think at the end of the day thats all you can really do. No opk test can be 100% and react to everybody's LH levels exactly the same. I charted cm as well and if that was anything to go by then those feint lines definitely meant something! Thanks x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: