Talk

Advanced search

Cramps after ttc and ovulation

(2 Posts)
ctotoro Sat 17-Oct-15 14:18:59

Hi,

Just after some reassurance/advice really! We've only just had our first window of trying to conceive, i'm due on in just over a week now so we'll find out soon. However, today I am having really bad cramps in the lower left spreading towards the middle of my abdomen. For me, this could just be typical IBS but I haven't suffered from it this badly in months. Also, according to my ovulation app (ovia) it says I may be feeling some early signs of pregnancy already. The cramps are quite bad, like period pains. Is this normal? Could it be a possible pregnancy or have I just got a bad tummy! I guess it could be either, doh!
Still, any similar stories etc greatly appreciated smile

Loki17 Sat 17-Oct-15 14:41:17

I've read a lot of conflicting advice about implantation pain. When I had dd, I know I felt little tiny electric shocks at 6 dpo It was such a strange sensation that I've never felt again (nor had I felt it before) that I thought it must be implantation. Still do in fact. However, I read an article by a doctor who reasoned that the egg is the size of a speck of dust. That speck is much too small to cause pain so how could you possibly feel anything? Your uterus only starts to stretch once implantation has occurred (which is at least 5/6 days after you have ovulated, can be longer) and in the first few days it isn't stretching much. With dd, my real stretchy pains started at around 6/7 weeks. Before my missed period, I just felt as though af was coming and I only felt that when af was due. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, really hope your af doesn't show and you can look back on this and think 'oh it really was a sign/symptom'. However, the tww is a killer and symptom spotting can raise your hopes and then bring them crashing down. It is horrendous when that happens so it's best to try not to get your hopes up until test day xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now