Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Weird periods ttc

(6 Posts)
Anxietyisntachoice Sat 17-Oct-15 02:26:25

My partner and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now. I've been having irregular periods since I started them but they seem to be getting worse..for example my last period start 91 days ago and lasted 3 weeks but kept alternating between being really light and really heavy (tmi I know!) I've only ever had a period last a week though. Do not want to try a pregnancy test and definitely do not want to get my hopes up as it always turns out to be negative! Slowly losing hope sad

Oysterbabe Sat 17-Oct-15 10:53:40

What does the doctor say?

Anxietyisntachoice Sat 17-Oct-15 15:05:17

I'm too scared to go to the doctor..hate the idea. I was abused for several years when I was younger and I hate the idea now sad

TattieHowkerz Sun 18-Oct-15 10:10:22

The doctor would be unlikely to want to do an intimate examination straightaway. More likely blood tests and maybe later an ultrasound. Could you manage that? I think it will be hard to get to the bottom of this without medical advice.

Fairy45 Sun 18-Oct-15 21:16:20

If you go to a dr they will do a 21 day progesterone test and take from there. You obviously won't have ovulated so will possibly refer you for further testing - most likely if you've tried for 2 years. I was going through the process, had scan and some tube blasting (can't remember the proper name) but between those results and going for consultation I got preg naturally by using a clear blue fertility monitor. It tells you when you ovulate, wgich for me could have been anywhere from day 14 - day 60 so was good to narrow it down! Also because I knew the day I ovulated so well I did an early test 12 days later and it was positive! Worth a shot but definitely go to dr! My dd is 4 months old now and I just want to say as frustrating as it feels now you forget all about it the moment you get your positive! :D good luck!!!!

Fairy45 Sun 18-Oct-15 21:17:12

Also since having her my periods are bang on 28 days!! Crazy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: