Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC number 1, meltdown!

(10 Posts)
funnybeanz Fri 16-Oct-15 23:13:18

I've been TTC number 1 since January 2015. I tell everyone (when I say I tell everyone, I don't, I tell myself) that I started TTC in April as this is when I started to monitor cycle lengths etc. But i came off the pill in January. I'm 33. Been with fiance for 5 years. For some reason I really thought this month might be the one. No real reason I just started symptom spotting then af arrived with a vengeance this morning! Both partner and I were at home on a rare day off together and I had a mini meltdown, probably quite a major one really. Think tears, sobbing, saying it's never going to happen, talking about giving up etc. I haven't told anyone else we are TTC and even though many people ask I've got good at lying and saying it's not a priority right now. However this means I literally have no one to cry to or talk to except partner who is way more positive than I am. I guess I'm just feeling a bit down today, I'll dust myself off and get on with it but really how cruel is this TTC malarkey?! How do others cope? Have I gone completely crazy? And seriously should I book a doctor's appointment for us both? Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant quickly so I've concluded that we are the couple the statistics say it isn't going to happen for.

WineCheeseSleep Fri 16-Oct-15 23:21:05

TTC can be really horrible and I feel for you. I went through the same thing when TTC my son and found it tough. What made me feel better was telling a few close friends (even just so they don't ask insensitive questions unknowingly) and getting the ball rolling with tests etc. I felt at least we were moving forwards then.

Fingers crossed for you, statistics are on your side even now, it just takes one month for everything to align as it should and then you're away!

Loki17 Fri 16-Oct-15 23:24:47

Firstly, you are not alone. We've all been there. Let yourself feel frustrated and upset - you are allowed!
Secondly, you only came off the pill in January. The pill is notorious for taking its sweet time to get our of your system. between 9 months and a year is normal.
Thirdly, why not try pre - seed or using opks next month? My best friend was trying for 9 months before she conceived and is convinced that preseed did the trick.
flowerswine Good luck x

BumpAndGrind Fri 16-Oct-15 23:33:15

It took us 9 moths of trying. On month 8 I had the same type of wobble meltdown you describe. BFP the following month.

I've heard 6 months to a year is average.

minimalistaspirati0ns Fri 16-Oct-15 23:38:40

Relax and put in a mental deadline. If you get to January 2016, go ask your GP for a day 21 progesterone blood test. Also ask for your DH to be tested.

funnybeanz Sat 17-Oct-15 22:19:48

Ah thank you all of you for being so understanding. You're right I need to relax and stop thinking about it too much (easier said). I think I'll look into the pre-seed that was mentioned and I've got some OPKs to use next month. I may even bite the bullet and tell a friend eeek! Thank you for your responses though, it helped to hear what you had to say. smile x

SharyBobbins Sun 18-Oct-15 12:11:14

We share a similar story, we started ttc no. 1 in January too. I genuinely dont want to talk to my friends about it so i joined a thread instead! Pop over to the John Wayne Vs Led Dawson thread- we're a very friendly (crazy) bunch!

Rosi393 Sun 18-Oct-15 12:48:50

Hi ladies

Like a lot you you i'm TTC #1. I was in the pill only for a few months then came off it in August at the end of a pack. I had a withdrawal bleed. I had regular periods prior to going on the pill approx 28 day cycles, then 17th sept had AF which was later than usual. I'm now due AF today is now day 31, I took a test on Thursday it was BFN which was dissapointing.
I've had sore heads for a week now which I don't usually get and have had cramps for a around 6 days now,
Is there a chance I could be pg or is my body just adjusting after coming off the pill?

Baby dust for everyone smile

Stace2015 Mon 19-Oct-15 12:59:13

Hey Funnybeanz

We have all had those days! Mine was last month, i was 5 days late so got my hopes up.. then af arrives so was gutted. Was crying in the toilets at work, miserable when i got home then i went to visit people that didnt know about it all and it lifted my spirits! Plus a cheeky Guinness haha

This month ive tried preseed and tried to dtd every other day! Obviously hoping this is our month but we have also been going for some tests via the gp so feeling positive now! Give it until 1 year then go to your gp, dont waste the time! smile

Thisisbonkers Mon 19-Oct-15 13:30:42

We started ttc#1 in December. Every time AF comes along it makes me weepy sad so you're not alone. Trying not to build hopes up this month, but a positive opk and dtd bang on time... Have to remember it's still only a 1 in 6 chance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now