Talk

Advanced search

So it's John Wayne vs Les Dawson in The Great British Pee Off and Prty's judging... get ready to be basted, lovelies!

(984 Posts)
PrtyPsn Sun 04-Oct-15 22:34:02

Hi (big wave)
So you clicked on here cos you were looking for me (I'm flattered!) or the title seemed interesting!
I'm aware it doesn't really explain anything but we are bunch of lovely ladies all TTC and going ever so slightly crazy with it! For more info see our original thread here -

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2412386-TTC-anxious-over-early-pregnancy-possible-symptoms?msgid=56357000#56357000

And our most recent thread here -

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2458534-Prtys-Gang-and-The-Festival-of-Foof-Fun-when-they-not-being-cray-cray?pg=1&order=

We are symptoms spotters extraordinaire - you name it we've had it, real and/or imagined confused
We are here to help, we are all supportive, we laugh, rant, cry, joke, rage, smile, and comfort together. Be you a lurker or poster (established or new) then you are very welcome here. We only have a few rules:
1. No judgement - we all lead different lives and have different standards and that is fine. You wanna get wasted everyday of TWW, that's fine. You wanna abstain completely, that's fine. We need support, not judgement.
2. No feeling stupid - we've all had those months where we definitely think we are pg 110% convinced and then AF turns up, don't feel bad about it, it happens. Also we all have different levels of knowledge so no question is stupid apart from the one you don't ask.
3. On this thread there is no such thing as TMI - we are all adults and we all know how miraculous and amazing... and downright disgusting our bodies can be, it's fine. Share what you want, we will not be fazed.

So that's it, jump in and FX'd for all my lovelies xx

glitterpoppy Sun 04-Oct-15 23:10:16

waving to everyone from the old thread Hi

PrtyPsn Sun 04-Oct-15 23:17:41

Hi poppy (hands over the obligatory chocolate for the wait) it's always a difficult time making sure we don't lose someone in transition!!

SharyBobbins Mon 05-Oct-15 07:40:38

Morning!!

Are we moving over here from now or are we filling up the old thread first?

smile

glitterpoppy Mon 05-Oct-15 07:49:14

Morning.. Talks with mouth full of chocolate. Thanks prty

I downloaded the ovia app last night, although my cycles are totally all over the place I thought it may make me feel better recording everything down. It says I'm in my fertile days and OH is working on shifts so I won't see him.. (Kicks foot into sofa whilst walking past in annoyance!)

neetie1 Mon 05-Oct-15 08:06:21

Morning well I was right or rather boobs were right got a solid smiley face this morning. .yay

PrtyPsn Mon 05-Oct-15 08:09:31

shary I reckon we can be here now but I'll keep an eye on the old one smile
neetie that's fab! Get basted!!
poppy that sucks but make the most of DTD when you can around O, sperm can live a few days inside!

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 05-Oct-15 08:22:02

Morning all! Bloody Monday again, eh?

Neetie I think it was you asking on the old thread about antenatal testing?

I'd recommend this book: ink{http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1409152065/ref=mp\www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1409152065/ref=m]]p}ss_a11_1?qid=1444029546&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=expecting+better&dpPl=1&dpID=51gS9EEccGL&ref=plSrch (sorry I can't work out how to do nice links from the app!)

It's American, but quite sensible, and it has a whole chapter on weighing up the various pros and cons of various antenatal tests, and how to decide what to go for.

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 05-Oct-15 08:25:26

I didn't mean to suggest there that Americans aren't usually sensible, btw! confused

I really meant that even though it's a US book, a lot of the information is still usefully applicable in a UK context.

SunnyScot89 Mon 05-Oct-15 08:27:21

Hello!!!
Checking in on the new thread. Hope you don't mind if I hang around? I have cake.....

PrtyPsn Mon 05-Oct-15 08:39:49

Hey sunny of course you can hang out! Congrats on the BFP btw, you just reminded me that I forgot to say!
In Prty rated news, DBAFD 4, still getting EWCM :/ getting a cold/sore throat too but there's about 5 reasons that could be. Boobies not really feeling tender anymore, a few minor niggly pains

Pirsy1 Mon 05-Oct-15 09:16:56

Phew I've made it and I've bought a tin of Roses!

Prty I have got everything crossed for you, really hoping this is going to be your month.

Neetie - great news on the solid smiley - get DTD!

I'm not sure where I am. Waiting for AF. Just as well it hasn't come really as I have my colposcopy today. Now 31 days since my last AF so maybe I just ovulated later this month / not at all. This is the downside of not using ovulation sticks!

I went to a first birthday party yesterday. It was lovely!

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 05-Oct-15 09:55:00

Good luck with the colposcopy Pirsy!

Pirsy1 Mon 05-Oct-15 10:07:08

Thanks YouandMe! I'm dreading it!

neetie1 Mon 05-Oct-15 10:35:29

Thanks youandme will check it out

SharyBobbins Mon 05-Oct-15 15:46:52

Ladies advice if you please!

Due to ovulate in the next few days, CBAFM high again this morning but the second line (you know the lines you're not supposed to inspect?!) increasingly visible. Will OPK after work but if yesterday is anything to go by it'll be getting darker too. Here's my issue. I'm full of a cold & feel like shit. I don't feel sexy in the slightest. Last night I used conceive plus & basically told hubby to hop on and make his deposit confused He didn't seem to mind but is asking him to do that again tonight bad?! Sex with no kissing, one way foreplay just to steal his sperm! He knows the score & was happy to oblige yesterday, I just feel a little sorry for him! I know realistically we could miss a night but yesterday when we'd finished it was very....err...damp, like his sperm leaked out when he withdrew!

Sorry for the TMI by the way!!

BittersweetRose Mon 05-Oct-15 16:12:13

shary, I know it seems bad, but if your DH wants kids too I hope he'll understand? My DH is slowly figuring out that we need to go for quantity over quality just now to get him the baby that he wants (and wants more than me...).

Also, you lot must be rubbing off on me... I've had horrible indigestion/gas for days and I keep thinking 'What if it's not a dairy & pepper overload? What if I'm pg?' It's so unlikely though as I've no proof I've ovulated at all (BBT has held steady since before my coil came out).

I'm going to be completely bonkers by Xmas...

Stripes1983 Mon 05-Oct-15 17:04:58

Afternoon all - ahh it's got that new thread smell ! Fx for all those DTD and on TWW ! pirsy I'm in the same boat - stil no sign of AF! Been getting really mild AF twinges for over a week now, boobs feel like water balloons - swear they almost burst when OH came in for a drunken sqeeze on sat night! And cried at my boss today after asking if ok , I have got a lot on and didn't sleep well either ! Any ways that's my update !!

SharyBobbins Mon 05-Oct-15 17:36:13

Thanks Rose. Are you ttc no.1?

PrtyPsn Mon 05-Oct-15 18:09:34

shary some cycles it is just quantity and not quality :/ also even if it feels like everything has leaked out don't worry cos it hasn't, I know I read somewhere it doesn't matter what you lose, that's why legs in the air has no impact. Feel better soon x
stripes pahahaha new thread smell!! I'm smelling some BFPS!!

Stripes1983 Mon 05-Oct-15 18:17:27

Yeh I read that too that those little swimmers are so quick they swim on in so any "leakage" doesn't mean you haven't had your fill so to speak !

BittersweetRose Mon 05-Oct-15 18:22:54

shary - yes, I'm almost 30 and TTC#1, cycle 1.

Stripes1983 Mon 05-Oct-15 18:25:33

And rose fx you will get your BFP before Xmas so you don't turn into a TTC loon like me !

pinky17 Mon 05-Oct-15 18:41:17

lurker alert still spying on you lovely lot! I come bearing gifts of Christmas savouries! This thread must had all the bfp's! Good luck ladies :-) xx

neetie1 Mon 05-Oct-15 18:46:57

Have bought that book youandme for my kindle it has very good reviews so thought I would give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now