We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC Impatient

(9 Posts)
Riley2015 Tue 15-Sep-15 16:03:46

I'm only on my second month TTC but I'm desperate to get pregnant and so impatient. It's all I think about and worrying how long it will take and if it will happen!

I'm 27 and have wanted to try for a couple of years but was waiting for my husband to be ready.

Any advice on how to take my mind off it and relax ?

babyonthebrain90 Tue 15-Sep-15 16:30:18

Hey Riley2015! its my second month TTC aswell and am also very desperate to get pregnant!

am 25 and my partner is 30.

what I basically do to keep my mind off is to think of positive things like yes this month will be mine but hey if it isn't there's other months! I know that might sound stupid but its going to happen when it happens and all you can do is keep trying and have fun! don't put to much pressure on it or you could end up getting abit upset! I know I did that to my partner the other week and he was nearly at his wit ends with me.

just keep your head up and keep trying! don't worry it will happen its just horrible how it makes you wait!

x

Riley2015 Tue 15-Sep-15 16:43:44

Thanks it's just hard trying to stay positive when you want something you don't have much control over.

My friend announced she was pregnant at the weekend and I was happy for her but also wished it was me lol

babyonthebrain90 Tue 15-Sep-15 16:49:02

yeah i totally understand! a was the same! am now much calmer! but still very desperate!

yes my boyfriends cousin and also my best friend is pregnant and i just keep thinking why can they fall pregnant straight away and not me?

cruel but hey its only our second month! so hopefully this could be our month! 3 days until my fertile window! soooo excited lol

Riley2015 Tue 15-Sep-15 16:54:06

Yes I know we haven't been trying long at all fingers crossed it will happen for us soon x

Riley2015 Tue 15-Sep-15 16:54:42

N

simplydivine05 Tue 15-Sep-15 17:31:08

I know how you feel. I'm trying to throw myself into my business to take my mind off it although I just know when I start the 2ww I'll be symptom spotting. I can't help it!

Sunshinegirl2015 Tue 15-Sep-15 17:38:59

I know exactly how you feel. I'm also 27 and me and DH started trying at new year (we stayed in to BD) and thought it would've happened by now. In that time several people I know have announced pregnancies or given birth and I've been to lots of baby showers (which I find are easier to get through when you think of all the ideas you could use at your own).

good luck x

Loki17 Tue 15-Sep-15 18:55:43

I need to wait until November to ttc number 2. I fell v quickly next time and can't risk falling straight away. I know it is unlikely but I need to be sensible. The wait to try is all consuming. I know if we run into issues I'm going to lose the plot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now