Talk

Advanced search

Period a week late but negative Hpt

(5 Posts)
WhiteMagnolia Fri 04-Sep-15 23:27:21

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been in this boat where they are a week late for their period but testing negative on urine pregnancy tests. We are trying to conceive, never been late on before, not stressed and generally healthy. 'Felt' pregnant for first couple of weeks after ovulation then got cramps 4 days before period due. Slight nausea and tender breasts. Since period was due there have been no symptoms of period or pregnancy. Has this happened to anyone else and what was the outcome?

Thank you!

Heggy1 Sat 05-Sep-15 16:39:31

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat! Over a week late CD39 today...
Never been this late before and like you don't think I was/am stessed etc. Symptoms have been up and down in last few weeks, now just feel nausea (been sick today) and have spent a bloody fortune on poas.
My plan is wait until next period due in 3 weeks if no af by then, go to gp.
Sorry no help but you are not alone!

Sunshinegirl2015 Sat 05-Sep-15 19:03:51

Could you have ovulated late? Were you stressed around the time you usual ovulate? If so your body could've delayed ovulation. X

BabyBumpHopeful Sat 05-Sep-15 19:18:01

It is "normal" to skip 2 periods a month. It's also not unusual to ovulate later and thus be "late" for a period.

I've had 1 skipped period since Jan and 1 late ovulation (by a week or 2). Even if you don't think you're stressed you probably are slightly thanks to this whole TTC process.

Bambooshoots14 Sat 05-Sep-15 20:39:45

Negative hpt is probably accurate I'm afraid. I have this too on a few occasions and it's just a longer cycle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now