Talk

Advanced search

TTC breastfeeding 1 year old - return of period HELP PLEASE

(2 Posts)
Iwantiwantiwant Fri 04-Sep-15 17:32:35

Hello,

My DD is 1 (birthday was in August), and i had my first period in August to. This I my first one since birth.

We co sleep so she feeds quite a bit through the night, however, the feeding through the day is limited as I work 2 full days, and sometimes we are too busy for her to feed on the days when I am home.

My question is, when your periods did return, did they return regularly every month? I'm ready to TTC the next. Or were they irregular until you completely stopped?

Elizabeth88 Sat 05-Sep-15 13:39:01

My periods returned when I reduced feeding she was sleeping through and weaning onto food at 6 months when I had my first period, I conceived pretty much straight away after that (unintentionally but very happily) so I can't offer more advice.
The only thing I will say is being pregnant greatly reduced my milk supply to the point I gave up entirely, so just be prepared for this, I don't think it always happens though but doctor said that was normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now