How come, when you really want to get pregnant it doesn't happen and when you're least expecting it, it happens?

(5 Posts)
Freya84 Mon 24-Aug-15 09:03:02

I had a miscarriage in March, but when I conceived, my husband and I weren't exactly trying, it was a shock as I'd only just come off the pill. We were very pleased at the time and then when I had the miscarriage we were devastated. We have now being ttc conceive for a few months and I have just found out today, that yet again we have not been successful. I know we haven't been trying long but we dtd regular and, most importantly, are enjoying it. I just don't understand why I'm still not pregnant when it came so easy before (even though it wasn't successful) Anyone else feel like this?

waitingforarainbow Mon 24-Aug-15 12:42:46

Hi. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I've been through basically the exact same thing. My husband and I conceived the first month of trying, and I miscarried in March. Everybody told me I'd be more fertile after the MC, and even my GP said we were likely to get pregnant again very quickly, but it hasn't happened so far - despite lots of trying! It's frustrating but I just think you've got to see the bigger picture and know that hopefully it WILL happen, and when it does, none of this will matter. Easier said than done though, I know! It's good to hear you're enjoying the trying though - that's really important. X

Freya84 Mon 24-Aug-15 15:15:06

Sorry to hear about your mc, waitingforarainbow. I have just purchased some ovulation tests as I haven't used any before, fingers crossed they help!

waitingforarainbow Mon 24-Aug-15 15:24:38

OPKs are great! I have irregular periods so it's impossible for me to identify my fertile window without them. It means we've been able to ensure we're DTD on at least two of the three most fertile days each month. This month we managed to DTD on all three so fingers crossed! Hope you find the OPKs useful too. X

MummyBex1985 Tue 25-Aug-15 17:28:34

Because life is unfair! grin

I fell PG with my DD at 19 whilst on depo (oh the irony). I was very military about the whole thing and never got the maternal, squishy, I'm pregnant whoopee vibe until nearly 8 months! Loved her to bits from the second she came though.

Fast forward ten years, really want to be PG and so far, diddly squat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now