Upset, Confused and Trying to Concieve

(5 Posts)
Bubbles2279 Mon 17-Aug-15 09:43:15

Please help, my partner and I have been trying for almost a year now. I am 24 and was on the combined pill for almost 5 years before we decided to try. After stopping the pill, I had a normal period within the month, but it has never been regular, it can be anything from 28 days to 37, which is annoying when you are trying to calculate your ovulation, and then knowing if you have missed your period.
The last 3 months I have had brown discharge for a couple of days then a regular period. This month it 37 days (the longest in between periods) and there was a little blood after having sex with my partner, then nothing. Then the next day I had a little spotting in the morning then nothing all day, so I thought maybe this is implant bleeding, I tried not to get my hopes up though! I am now on day 42 and had bright red blood this morning, too much I think to be anything other than my period! Starting to think there is something wrong with me! Please help!!!

DizzyNorthernBird Mon 17-Aug-15 09:53:04

Have you tested? Poas to check that you aren't pg.

If not, I would make an appointment to see your GP. You've been trying for almost a year so it's time to start getting some answers. From what I can gather on here, lots of people get brown cm before af. So it could be normal but also it can be a sign of low progesterone, which your GP can help rectify.

Also, stress can delay ovulation, and this will affect the length of your cycle. If you're stressing lots about when/if you've ovulated, you could be inadvertently delaying ovulation. Take it easy in the first couple of weeks after af.....concentrate on non ttc things. I recently ovulated over a week later than usual, all because I got in a flap over opks and I then completely missed my chance for the month! Since then I've made sure I chill out when I know it's almost time to ovulate and I've not had any problems (I know this because I temp and can see when I've ovulated).

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Canadiana83 Mon 17-Aug-15 10:06:56

Sounds like me, I have PCOS and was diagnosed when trying to conceive. V irregular periods kept thinking I was pregnant when wasn't. I am living overseas and the DR gave me progesterone to stimulate period and clomid for ovulation. See if your GP will give you that. I know not falling pregnant is really painful and frustrating so big hugs. We had to pay for clomid as our insurance didn't cover it, cost £30/cycle so worth considering private if you can afford it xxxx

smellsofelderberries Mon 17-Aug-15 10:12:43

Get a Drs appointment and start the testing. Do you use OPKs or temp? My cycles vary, like yours, but I usually know when my period is due because I use OPKs and have a shortish luteal phase which seems fairly consistant. I would say head to the Drs and start having your blood work done. TTC is a tough old process, I hope you get some answers soon.

Bubbles2279 Mon 17-Aug-15 10:20:49

Thank you all, I have read about low progesterone before and think it might be the case. I have tested and both times it came back negative the 2nd time I thought I saw a faint line but think I was just wishful thinking. Really do appreciate the help! Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now