Talk

Advanced search

Getting pregnant again after a miscarriage.

(6 Posts)
MummyMaxxers21 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:37:28

Hiya smile
Just looking for a bit of personal advice really and other ladies experiences. I had a missed miscarriage just 9 days ago. Went for my 12 week scan and unfortunately found out that my baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. My bleeding lasted for around 5 days and now it's all cleared up and feeling much more positive about the future. I already have a healthy little girl who is 3 and my pregnancy with her was fab so I know I can happily carry and continue a pregnancy for a full 9 months. The question that I've come on here to ask is when is the right time to start trying again? Me and my partner are ready now but I'm not sure whether we should wait awhile, or until after my next period or to start now. Has anyone got any personal experience on this topic. Thank-you in advance.
Sorry for the long post.

RIP my little star <3

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Sun 16-Aug-15 21:41:20

Sorry for your loss.

I've had 2 mc. The first time ended with an erpc and we tried again after my 1st period. The 2nd time, we got a bit carried away and I got pregnant immediately.

If you do try before you have a period, then try to remember when you've dtd so you can calculate a rough due date for your mw if you are successful.

MummyMaxxers21 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:47:54

Thanks for you reply! Sorry to hear about your mc's thanks for the advice x

Horsey21 Sun 16-Aug-15 22:21:20

Hi maxxers, I had a MMC at 9 weeks earlier this year. We decided to wait until my next period and I am thankful we did. My first cycle after the miscarriage was 7 weeks long and I know I would've sent myself crazy not knowing when I was ovulating or if I was pregnant or just on a really long cycle etc. I am pretty sure you have to do what feels right, and waiting seemed right for us. Sorry to hear your sad news xxx

MummyMaxxers21 Sun 16-Aug-15 22:35:08

Hiya horsey21 This is what I'm worried about really. It's the not knowing on top of the basic worrying after this experience. Sorry to hear your sad news too ❤️ Thanks xx

Justnapping Sun 16-Aug-15 22:40:55

I am in same boat, I miscarried 3 wks ago. Have decided to wait until after my period to try again. I went to GP and this was his recommendation to let my body recover. But I hate waiting! Just want to be trying again now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now