Low oestrogen, thin lining, clomid, no periods...please help

(3 Posts)
Orangesarenot Sun 16-Aug-15 12:11:17

Hi everyone
Is anyone else worrying about low oestrogen and thin womb lining? Is there anything that can be done to improve them?
I'm 33, ttc no 1. When I was in early 20s I got diagnosed with PCOS through symptoms (irregular/missing periods, slightly odd hormone levels, acne) and went on to take Yasmin. Came off last Oct, had withdrawal bleed, but no period since. All tests and ultrasound and HSG have been "normal" apart from thin womb lining and low oestrogen. Provera didn't stimulate a withdrawal bleed in late June, I'm just doing it again now.
I've always been slim but due to old stressful job had lost too much weight - my BMI was 18 when I first saw consultant in May. I've been trying to put on weight, and now have a BMI of almost 20. The only exercise I've done in the last year is pilates and occasional yoga.
The consultant now says she doesn't think it is PCOS and that my BMI needs to be at least 20. She is putting me forward for clomid in October, but said she's concerned about the thin lining and low oestrogen. Apart from putting on weight, which I'll continue to do, is there anything I can do to help? I'm mildly hypermobile and have a family history of osteoporosis, and I know low oestrogen isn't helpful for either of those. When other people have taken clomid, have you been given anything to boost your lining?
Thank you for reading if you got this far. If there's a better thread for me to post on, please let me know. And best wishes to everyone going through a ttc nightmare, reading your stories has really helped me.

MummyBex1985 Sun 16-Aug-15 12:41:08

Hi there

I don't have any constructive advice for you I'm afraid but I didn't want to read and run. I also have a thin womb lining but I conceived my first DD without any trouble. Trying for #2 now albeit ten years later!

Have you considered acupuncture? That's my next step, hoping to start properly when I get back from my holidays in a couple of weeks.

Orangesarenot Sun 16-Aug-15 12:47:44

Thanks Mummy that's good to hear. I was worried it would be a total game stopper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now