Talk

Advanced search

Recently came of Cerazette and getting frustrated

(6 Posts)
sophied1983 Fri 14-Aug-15 20:37:18

Stopped taking Pill about twelve weeks ago. Four weeks after coming off it, had all the textbook ovulation symptoms and AF arrived exactly two weeks later. Again, fairly textbook - lasted five days.

Since that ended on 10th July, absolutely nothing. I've been convinced I was pregnant and done numerous tests (which have proved otherwise).

I just wish the second AF would arrive so I could at least gauge my cycle length.

Hubby and I regularly 'try' so you'd hope we just get lucky, but I'd just like to know my body is doing what it should be on a regular monthly cycle.

I had irregular periods as a teenager but doctor thought Pill and getting older would stop that. Saying that, my mum had irregular periods before all three pregnancies but she conceived really quickly.

How long did it take other people to settle after coming off Cerazette / mini-Pill?

PrtyPsn Fri 14-Aug-15 20:52:36

I took Cerazette for just nine months and it took me almost a year to return to normal - about 8-9 months before periods even returned then a few more to become regular
FXd for you and good luck

TheCatsMother99 Sat 15-Aug-15 08:13:48

I only came off it 2 weeks ago. Weirdly, when I was on cerazette, if I took it a few hours after my normal time of taking it I would get spotting whereas now I've come completely off it nothing has happened. No spotting or AF, nothing.

I wish I had come off it sooner now, especially after hearing people say they had to wait a year for things to sort themselves out.

babymouse Sat 15-Aug-15 08:20:20

It took me nine months for everything to go back to normal after taking cerazette. I had periods like clockwork, but I wasn't consistently ovulating.

I don't think this is the norm though. I read through plenty of older threads on here where lots of people conceived fairly quickly after coming off.

Good luck!

sophied1983 Sat 15-Aug-15 08:30:22

The doctor made it sound so simple - stop taking it and you'll be good to go! Not really true...

TheCatsMother99 Sat 15-Aug-15 08:47:23

Yep! I was so naive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now