Advanced search

To postpone TTC for 6 months or not?

(10 Posts)
Felipa Fri 14-Aug-15 15:39:20

I am in need of some objective opinions on this as me and DH are going round in circles discussing this.

We have been trying to TTC no.3. Our youngest is 3.5 years and I am starting to panic about the age gap. We have tried for 5 months and have had one early MC.

Anyway the problem is that I am a bridesmaid in June 2016 for my oldest, closest friend and the dresses are bought and paid for etc. My dress is quite large on me so there is room to take it in.

We have one more month to try, this month. If successful we would end up with a baby in early May, one month before the wedding.

The other option is to postpone TTC until Feb-March 2016 and this way if we were successful I would have a small-medium bump at the wedding.

I have been considering all the potential problems...being exhausted with a newborn at the wedding vs being pregnant, having the baby that we want vs putting it off for another 6 months.

Other people around me are announcing pregnancies and I am envious, on the other hand 6 months isn't that long to wait and I could concentrate on getting fit and healthy etc so that I am in the best shape for next year.

All opinions are very much welcome!

Oysterbabe Fri 14-Aug-15 17:38:31

Personally I wouldn't delay for someone else's wedding. How old are you? Is time a factor?

Felipa Fri 14-Aug-15 19:27:32

I am 34 and this would probably be my last child so time not really pressing (I hope!).

Every other similar thread i have read online says don't delay for a wedding and I understand why, I'm just scaring myself with the thought of being a wobbly exhausted mess with a newborn trying to carry out bridesmaid duties (not that I'm guaranteed to get pg even if we do Ttc this month).

eurochick Fri 14-Aug-15 19:32:38

I wouldn't postpone. If you can't manage being a bridesmaid then so be it. Your friend will surely understand.

Felipa Fri 14-Aug-15 19:54:55

Hmmm friend is lovely but getting a teensy bit erm...stressed out over the wedding. Hence my stress about having to tell her about any pregnancies or bumps!

goldensunlight Fri 14-Aug-15 21:23:53

I really wouldn't postpone - you never know what is going to happen and you have to focus on yourself and your family. Your friend will understand smile

MummyBex1985 Fri 14-Aug-15 22:59:59

Meh, it's your life, I wouldn't put it on hold for someone else's event.

I'm in a very similar boat - got one more month of TTC before it becomes a "problem" but I reckon we will carry on regardless!

Lilmissconcerned Fri 14-Aug-15 23:08:58

Just explain things to her and suggest that you bow out as bridesmaid but that you will still be there to celebrate her big day xx

Rainy34 Sat 15-Aug-15 09:51:40

Do not prospone ttc, you might be lucky and get pregnant next month or it may take some time, live your life, dont prospone!!

Felipa Sat 15-Aug-15 11:40:04

Really appreciate all your opinions. Bowing out is really not an option as the guilt would kill me and she really doesn't have anyone else to step in. Plus, I really want to do it and am looking forward to it.

I might just ttc this month and deal with any newborn issues IF it happens. if it doesn't work this month then I will probably stop until early next year due to the above mentioned guilt!!!
Weddings, eh?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: