Talk

Advanced search

OPK confusion!

(9 Posts)
TheFandango Thu 13-Aug-15 20:03:36

Hello all. I've been TTC for 5 months following Mmc at 11+5 (pg 1st month of trying). I've been using opk sticks, and on day 10 or 11 of my cycle, I get a +ve on the cheaper opk's I bought, but a plain round circle on the more expensive CB tests. Anyone had similar? Any recommendations of which brand to use? Also looking at CM, and started tracking Bbt this month (which seems to be a bit all over the place). Cycle was 24 days pre mc, and is now 26 days post mc. Any advice/comment welcome! Thanks!

Nobbernamechange Fri 14-Aug-15 06:43:01

Sorry no advice but I've had the exact same problem with the cb tests being -ve and the other tests showing +ve.

andadietcoke Fri 14-Aug-15 06:48:06

Could it be because you only get a smiley face on CB on the peak day, whereas the cheaper ones show + when hormones are on the way up? I got pregnant first cycle twice using CB though, and only had sex on smiley face days so I may be biased!!

ValancyJane Fri 14-Aug-15 08:46:03

I never actually got a positive on the CB ones, so stuck to the OPKs. I liked seeing the line get darker each day!

SharyBobbins Fri 14-Aug-15 12:16:51

Could it be to do with when you're testing? CB asks for first thing in the morning whereas my cheap OPKs say afternoon/early evening is best.

I've not had this issue yet but I'm expecting it this cycle as I'll be using OPKs alongside a CB advanced fertility monitor. I just know there results will be inconsistent sad

TheFandango Fri 14-Aug-15 14:09:20

Thanks! So is the CB digital ov test measuring something other than LH surge? I tried the CB and opk cheapie the next morning after the +ve cheap one, and both were -ve, so maybe by the missed the surge!? Hmmm still DTD enough around that time, but don't think we're in luck this month!!

SharyBobbins Fri 14-Aug-15 19:36:12

I think it depends on which CB product you're using. The dual hormone indicator sticks test for estrogen too, I think this is the flashing face & LH is the static face smile

FlatWhiteToGo Sat 15-Aug-15 21:42:47

Was it your first day testing with the CB one? If so, CB always gives you a round circle (ie not fertile) on your first day of using the OPKs as, in basic terms, it uses that first day of testing to gauge your 'base' level.

Orange3 Mon 17-Aug-15 10:36:35

I tried CB for years but never got lucky with the smiley faces (flashing and static) The Superdrug's own brand worked for all three of my pregnancies plus one mc. Good luck to everyone trying - I know it can sometimes be frustrating but try not to get stressed as I think this contributes to -ve results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now